WTB or Trade for Damon Howatt Hunter 45 to 48#

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB or Trade for Damon Howatt Hunter 45 to 48#

Pm me if you got one you want to part with!

There is a 43# right hander on Ebay right now. A typical DH will have about 2 to 3 lb more draw weight than what is labeled on the bow. This bow looks to be a 70's version non-laminated riser.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      There is a 43# right hander on Ebay right now. A typical DH will have about 2 to 3 lb more draw weight than what is labeled on the bow. This bow looks to be a 70's version non-laminated riser.
      Saw that one but was concerned about it not having any markings on it and the seller says it weighed at 43#'s really wanted 45#!Thanks for the heads up any leads appreciated!
      Last edited by ShaBow; 03-07-2013, 10:46 AM.

Comment

It will more than likely weigh in at 45-46 @28".
        It is a DH Hunter from the looks. I agree about the markings but some of these older bows have them worn off. This one appears to be from the 1970's or 80's.
        Good luck on finding one.
        FWIW the new DH's by Martin are every bit as good as the originals. I have a 50#Mamba that is by Martin and an older 55#Super D and both shoot equally well and are fast. Both weigh in at 3lbs over the labeled draw weight. Unless something has changed, the same people/employees are still making the DH's in the same factory location as they did before Martin bought the Company.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
          It will more than likely weigh in at 45-46 @28".
          It is a DH Hunter from the looks. I agree about the markings but some of these older bows have them worn off. This one appears to be from the 1970's or 80's.
          Good luck on finding one.
          FWIW the new DH's by Martin are every bit as good as the originals. I have a 50#Mamba that is by Martin and an older 55#Super D and both shoot equally well and are fast. Both weigh in at 3lbs over the labeled draw weight. Unless something has changed, the same people/employees are still making the DH's in the same factory location as they did before Martin bought the Company.
          Good to know!Was wondering (since it has no markings)if the one on Ebay is a 40#model weighing in at 43#'s!

Comment

Good question.
            If it is actually 43 measured then it will most likely shoot like a 45. Those old Hunters were IMO the best all around recurve ever made and the limb design has been copied by many even today.
            After Martin acquired the company they made some Hunters for Gander mountain and these bows may not have been marked. I don't think they made any more bows for Gander after about 1994 and possibly ones they did make were Zebra wood or laminated so who knows? Only person I know if that could answer and identify would be Larry Hatfield. He is still around I think on some other bow sites.
            Last edited by muzzlebrake; 03-07-2013, 12:00 PM.

Comment

My Hatfield is marked 50# @ 28", but it measures 54# @ 28".

Comment

Got a good lead on a new DH/Martin Hunter gonna wait a little longer to see if any used come up!

Comment

Those Martin Hunters are great bows!! I saw a couple days ago in Bowhunting World magazine where Martin is bringing back the Super Diablo, good looking bow!

Comment

Ttt

Comment

I'm still looking!!!

Comment

Not bringing back.......done brought it! 2013 line up.......

Comment

I had a Dream Catcher and a Savannah, the DC was alright til the limb twist and the Savannah was awesome.
                          Last edited by BowBuddy; 03-20-2013, 07:47 PM. Reason: oops

Comment

Sent you a PM about another bow on TradGang!

Comment

Working...
                            X