Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bozeman or Missoula for a 3 day vacation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bozeman or Missoula for a 3 day vacation?

Going the first weekend of October for 3 days for a mini vacay. Not interested in Yellowstone as we have done that so asking which city has the most to offer including surround parks/hikes etc.

Appreciate the input!

Bozeman is my favorite city in the United States. We were just up there for the weekend. It was beautiful weather.

Comment

Either should be a great trip, but my preference would be Missoula. Lots of great outdoor activities and excellent scenery.

Comment

Id check the fires. I know some of the fires have gotten worse in last few weeks. It was so smokey in Bozeman that couldnt see mountains from town a few weeks ago. This is a bad year. Either could be a great choice or both could be smoked out

Comment

Missoula, but don’t stay In town.

Comment

Bozeman gets my vote

Comment

Neither, head to Kalispell instead

Comment

Well I am partial to Missoula since I graduated from University of Montana so that is my pick. Lots of beautiful areas in Northwest area of Montana - check out Kalispell, Whitefish, Big Fork area. Flathead lake or Coeur DAlene, Idaho. That drive from Missoula to Coeur DAlene is awesome scenery. Seeley Lake is beautiful. If you want to catch a football game University of Montana is ranked number 4 FCS and has a rocking stadium/fun tailgate environment.

Lolo Hot springs are awesome off of Hwy 12. You can hike to natural hot springs and get in. Great time but expect some naked hippie girls to possibly be in there

Comment

Missoula would be my choice of those two, but Kalispell area would be where I’d go otherwise. Flathead Lake, Glacier, Columbia Falls, Whitefish, etc would give you more than you can handle for a few long time.

Comment

I haven't been to Missoula but wife and I spent a week in Bozeman this summer and had an incredible time. Really enjoyed our time up there. Wife sends me ads for houses that are for sale up there just about every week.

Comment

If you go around Flathead check beforehand. Fire had the east road around the lake closed. Smoke was bad in Glacier if the wind pushed that way.

Comment

Clarification: Flying in/out of Bozeman and not looking to travel more than 2.5 hours or so if possible (missoula being the outskirts of that).

Appreciate the input with everything so far.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                          Clarification: Flying in/out of Bozeman and not looking to travel more than 2.5 hours or so if possible (missoula being the outskirts of that).

Appreciate the input with everything so far.

Thanks

Norris hot springs has some great beer and live music on Friday and Saturday nights. The pizza and beer at Nordic brew works is really good. Drive down to the park entrance in Gardiner, Mt then turn around and drive back to Bozeman. That whole drive is incredible. Paradise valley is unbelievable. As far as food in Bozeman, breakfast at Revelry or the western cafe is great. The western is hard to get a table at. Lunch and dinner I would go to Copper Whiskey, or Nordic. Lots of food options and beautiful drives around Bozeman

Comment

Working...
                          X