No announcement yet.

Paranormal stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My grandmother had a friend named Barbara from England. They were matched up in Elementary school in the 40's as pen pals and kept in touch their whole lives, including traveling overseas to visit. Well last week Barbara died of cancer and my grandmother was pretty upset about it.

Last night she calls me which is strange. She's more of a texter unless she has something important on her mind. I answer and she says something freaky happened she wanted to tell me about. Said the day after Barbara died, she and her nurse were sitting in her room when her phone started to make noise. Her nurse walked over to get it from the other side of the room. When she picked it up they realized the phone was calling Barbara on its own. Said it scared the crap out of both of them. I asked her if maybe her phone dialed because they were talking about Barbara, but she said no one had been talking at the time. She said maybe it was Barbara's way of saying bye one last time.

She actually lives with my parents in my old bedroom where a few strange things happened. Who knows.

Comment

Love when this gets bumped with a new story.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhorn95 View Post
        Love when this gets bumped with a new story.
        Same here!!

CEO that is a strange event for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
          My grandmother had a friend named Barbara from England. They were matched up in Elementary school in the 40's as pen pals and kept in touch their whole lives, including traveling overseas to visit. Well last week Barbara died of cancer and my grandmother was pretty upset about it.

Last night she calls me which is strange. She's more of a texter unless she has something important on her mind. I answer and she says something freaky happened she wanted to tell me about. Said the day after Barbara died, she and her nurse were sitting in her room when her phone started to make noise. Her nurse walked over to get it from the other side of the room. When she picked it up they realized the phone was calling Barbara on its own. Said it scared the crap out of both of them. I asked her if maybe her phone dialed because they were talking about Barbara, but she said no one had been talking at the time. She said maybe it was Barbara's way of saying bye one last time.

She actually lives with my parents in my old bedroom where a few strange things happened. Who knows.
          I’ve seen something similar to this.. a coworker passed away suddenly next to my desk at work. He was the custodian for the company. After everything settled down I went to the other side of the building to find an automatic paper towel dispenser fallen off the wall. Could be coincidence but that thing was on the wall for a long time. Makes you think!

Comment

"She actually lives with my parents in my old bedroom where a few strange things happened."

I got a chuckle out of this. I think that is usually the case with a young mans bedroom.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnatural View Post
              "She actually lives with my parents in my old bedroom where a few strange things happened."

I got a chuckle out of this. I think that is usually the case with a young mans bedroom.
              Ha. I originally wrote "freaky" instead of strange. Then I was like, these fools gonna twist that one

Comment

Not sure if I’ve shared this story before or not in a thread. My dad was a praying man who grew up in the hills. His father was a coal miner who like many others in the area had to find a new line of work when the mines shut down for good. Life was hard for my dad and family members. If you didn’t know the right people in higher places, you were out of luck obtaining one of the military related positions at a nearby facility or a county or state position.

Dad and his brothers and father all hunted and fished a lot to put food on the table. My grandparents divorced when dad and his youngest brother were still in school. Determination and maybe the fact they were part Indian had something to do with them being tough. Dad won many awards and trophies in sports. He was driven and had an amazing amount of endurance. This became even more obvious later on in the military. Years later, after dad left this life, a number of the locals still say that dad would have done greater things in Major League Baseball if he’d just had the breaks Mickey Mantle did. These were guys who religiously followed baseball and other sports. It was sure nice to hear them say such things. Maybe it’s best things worked out the way they have instead. Sometimes fame and fortune doesn’t always equal a more or greater happiness.

There were experiences dad and his brothers had in the hills that I never knew about until after dad’s passing. If you knew my father, he wasn’t one to brag or enjoy discussing difficult topics. It was sometimes like pulling teeth to get him to talk about certain things. One day he went out hunting and stopped to pray alone. This was on top of a hill. I’m not certain about the exact year but it might’ve been late 1950’s to early 60’s. Keep in mind this land had been part of the Indian Nation. While on his knees praying, the wind began to swirl all around and then sticks could be heard popping and snapping. He kept his eyes closed and just prayed harder and louder. Then rocks began hitting the ground near him. He could feel the obvious thuds when the rocks and stones hit very close by. Just as quickly as the wind event began, it ceased. Dad opened his eyes and you could now see the rocks and stones that had been thrown. They weren’t there when he first knelt to pray.

I’ve since heard from others who also have described having rocks thrown at them while in heavily wooded areas. My uncle, dad’s last surviving brother, recently told how dad had other experiences when he was alone hunting in heavily wooded locations. Rocks would suddenly become airborne and land around him. Yet he never could see anyone. My uncle said that dad figured it had to be what they called haints. Dad was a very quiet hunter and knew how to survive. Mom had a frightful experience the first time dad took her out there shortly after they were first married. None of it had been imagined. Neither she nor dad were the types to tell untruths. Dad wouldn’t hardly discuss that experience either.
                Last edited by Katsaregood; 08-20-2021, 09:56 AM.

Comment

^dang.

Comment

10 years of awesomeness!

Comment

We are currently remodeling an old funeral home I work at... something in that building doesn't care for the changes! Nothing physical or too "scary" is happening, but it gets interesting at night...

Comment

Originally posted by WRasco View Post
                        10 years of awesomeness!

Dern I had to go back to the first post, time flies!!!

Originally posted by tradman View Post
                        We are currently remodeling an old funeral home I work at... something in that building doesn't care for the changes! Nothing physical or too "scary" is happening, but it gets interesting at night...

Details man details!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I will try and post some stuff later, but I don't need to spend time on TBH while on the clock. Lunch break is over...

Comment

My grandparents- now Mothers house over off of Pinemont in the Heights area is haunted. I would love to get an investigative team in there....my moms just not to keen on having a bunched of purple haired teens walking though her house all night.

i used to watch people walk up and down the hallways past my door all night when I was a kid, would hear dishes shuffling around nightly, and get hit with full dinner smells at night that were non existant...just to name a few. My mom still experiences these and more to this day.

Comment

I was staying at my brothers house sleeping on the couch in the living room. I was woken up by a bright light. A 2 to 3 ft' sphere of blue light as bright as the sun moved across the back side of the house past the windows where I was. It made a humming noise and then shot straight up and disappeared. I thought I had to be dreaming so I guess I went back to sleep.

In the morning my visibly shaken nephew came out of his room and said a bright light came in his room and held him down and he couldn't yell. He had been hiding under the covers until the sun came up.

May not be paranormal, but it was definitely unexplainable. There are no power lines of any kind behind the house. Only woods.

Comment

The house we are currently in had something going on. The previous owners mother and daughter both died here. I would hear footsteps in the hall and even across the tile floor with me standing there. It was like the sliding sound of house slippers. All of it stopped when we got our two dogs though.

Comment

Working...
                                X