Boykin Breeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boykin Breeder

I’m looking to get a Boykin as a family dog as well as a retriever. Anybody have any recommendations for a great breeder? I’m fine traveling to pick up the right dog.

Nancy Boykin-Hunters Rest Kennels
    Sewanee Tennessee... worth the drive! My pup just turned 1, best dog i've ever owned..

Comment

Second getting a Nancy Boykin bread dog. Our Boykin was bought from breeder in Conroe but was sired directly from Nancy's dogs, amazing animals!

Comment

The caliber animal you can expect from Nancy’s Dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks folks - I sent Nancy an email.

Comment

Nancy is great to work with, I’m not sure how many litters she whelps at her kennel these days but if she doesn’t have any planned she can certainly put you in touch with someone who does. You should also contact Skip Nelson over in MS or Kim Smith (also in TN), both have great lines with proven performance.

Also, I’m pretty sure houstonlbd on here has a litter due in January from two REALLY nice dogs, might be worth a pm to see about the wait list.
            Last edited by agtex42; 10-28-2019, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Follow-up question as I've heard different things. Would you say Boykin's shed a lot? Primarily trying to figure out how somebody allergic to certain dogs might react. My son is completely fine around moderate shedding dogs but his allergies pop up around intense shedders.

Comment

Yes, they do shed but its not bad. Nothing a bi-weekly brushing wont fix.

Comment

Ok - that is what I heard but then talked to a guy the other day who said his Boykin sheds more than a Golden. I've never heard that before and always thought they were more a moderate shedder.

Comment

My Boykin barely sheds...also helps the color is concealed more than the yella golden.

Comment

We're on our second pup from Nancy Boykin!

Comment

Contact Texas Trace Kennels in Hempstead, they breed very nice dogs that will hunt or sit in your lap if that’s what you want. We have 4 from 2-12 and they all hunt, we trained ours by ourselves, they’re very smart and love a job. Good luck.

Comment

I’m breeding my Boykin this week HRCH Ariel MHR to HRCH Leine MHR. 1 of only 2 Boykin breedings in the country this year between 2 AKC Master Hunter Retrievers. Both dogs are 3x Boykin National Retriever Field Trial Finalists in the Open class. Leine is the only Boykin currently breeding to pass the HRC Grand. Send me a PM. Also, this is my Ariels last breeding. Some nice breedings in Texas, but it will be awhile until there is another one of this titled caliber in Texas, IMO. Don’t miss out.
                          Last edited by houstonLBD; 10-29-2019, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X