Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has sitka gear? Specifically the waterfowl line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has sitka gear? Specifically the waterfowl line?

Looking to update my duck hunting coat. I am just not sure which coat to get. What do y'all have and what do y'all recommend. Also, how do they run size wise? I am typically a large, but I have gift cards for bass pro I'd prefer to use, but all they have is medium. Will it fit? I'm long armed and decently wide shoulders, but narrow waisted and mid section and the arms are the main reason I'm a large.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Are you used to layering? If not, look into.

I would say the sizes run true to fit/almost a little on the smaller size. Depending what jacket you get, I would get a size bigger to accommodate for layering when you need it later in the season.

I went the route of the Delta wading jacket, non insulated but 100% water and wind proof. Non insulated so I can wear it year round and be fine if it's raining. Later in the season I'll wear my mid weight core hoodie underneath it and really cold days I'll add in the heavy weight.

Most of their jackets taper down to the waist a little so that you can easily tuck them into your waders without being so bulky. Buddy of mine has the Hudson jacket and it's like that, he loves it and barely had to layer underneath it

Comment

Same as ultralite09. I have several garments in the waterfowl line. I have the Delta jacket. Its an awesome piece. When its really cold, I layer -the core lighweight crew (LS - solid color - not waterfowl) with a core midweight zip-t with either the Dakota Vest or Gradient Hoody as the outer layer. Under my breathable waders, the Gradient Pant was the go to all year long. I pretty much wear these pants all day on the weekends. The core lightweight hoody was great during the early season - and also during early archery season. It blends in the shadows well. My son is 12 and wore his Hudson Jacket on quite a few trips this year. everything has held up well so far. As far as size goes, everything seems to be true to size - possibly a hair on the small size.

I am about to start loading up on the sub-alpine stuff.

I hope this helps.

Comment

I have the delta wading jacket and the kelvin. i wore the combo at 12-15 degrees this year and their were times it was too hot. if its over 45 i will not take the kelvin. Sitka is pretty pricey but once you go sitka its hard to go back.

Comment

Originally posted by Thatstheguy View Post
          Sitka is pretty pricey but once you go sitka its hard to go back.
          Definitely true there. Forgot to mention, my delta wading jacket just finished its 5 waterfowl season and it is still 100% waterproof with no leaks or tears and I'm not easy on my gear by any means. Taking into consideration the prices I buy my Sitka at, and how long they last without fading or wearing out. Its definitely a great investment in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Thatstheguy View Post
            I have the delta wading jacket and the kelvin. i wore the combo at 12-15 degrees this year and their were times it was too hot. if its over 45 i will not take the kelvin. Sitka is pretty pricey but once you go sitka its hard to go back.
            If you were to buy one, which one would it be?

Comment

I have the delta wading jacket as well. IMO it is great for Texas. Can wear just the shell for wind and water protection in warmer weather and when its cold I wear the duck oven jacket under it. Also sitka has tons of other layering options if you don't want to go duck oven route.

I am a gear junky, admittedly. But I really like the sitka line of stuff.

Comment

If you are just going to get one piece get the Delta wading jacket. The other items are meant to be layered underneath something else. You can wear them stand alone of course if the conditions are right, but, imo when you are paying for Sitka you are paying for the reliability of wind and waterproof.

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
                  If you are just going to get one piece get the Delta wading jacket. The other items are meant to be layered underneath something else. You can wear them stand alone of course if the conditions are right, but, imo when you are paying for Sitka you are paying for the reliability of wind and waterproof.
                  Perfect. This is what I was hoping to hear. Thx for the tip.

Comment

the delta wading jacket can really do most of what you need. If it gets cold just add a layer underneath. That being said i do love my kelvin, its just not water proof. With the dnr finish light water does bead and roll off. My only suggestion is to get to place that you can try them on before you buy.

Comment

Another vote for Delta Jacket if you only buy one. It’s the most versatile jacket of their line for anything Texas is going to throw at you! I bought a Fahrenheit jacket to layer underneath with this year and it didn’t disappoint, had the core heavyweight zip and Fahrenheit/Delta Combo on and was toasty warm all day in the high 20s and 20 mph winds. Would have been too hot if we had walked in very far that day.

I’ve found their size charts to be very accurate for my normal measurements, the performance cut layers well under the standard gear without having to guess on sizing up or down.
                      Last edited by agtex42; 02-02-2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

i also have the Delta Wader Jacket. i love that thing. Pricey, but is "really" water proof.

Comment

Working...
                        X