6.5 SAUM 4s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.5 SAUM 4s

Looking for info on this caliber such as pics of your set up, factory ammo , load info, carnage pics, favorite grain projectiles etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I built a 4S back in 2014 and sold it last year. I regret it for sure. I was pushing a 140 HVLD at 3140 with 59.6 grains of H4831 out of a 23” tube.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BB8C2F39-FF34-434D-BAEA-9632EB8033EB.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	436.1 KB
ID:	24639801

The only pic I’ve got of the rifle currently. Had a bunch more on my last phone.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        [ATTACH]1034032[/ATTACH]

The only pic I’ve got of the rifle currently. Had a bunch more on my last phone.

That’s a slick rifle

Comment

I built it for a semi long range hunting rifle. I ended up using it as a long range hammer more than anything. Even at 7.2 lbs bare rifle weight it was a soft shooter. I had a sub 4” 5 shot group at 1302 yds, and could keep it consistent past a mile. I ran it suppressed 100% of the time even though the can isn’t on in the picture. I’m thinking I’m about to snag a .257 barrel to spin up a 25 SAUM as it’s replacement now.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
            I built it for a semi long range hunting rifle. I ended up using it as a long range hammer more than anything. Even at 7.2 lbs bare rifle weight it was a soft shooter. I had a sub 4” 5 shot group at 1302 yds, and could keep it consistent past a mile. I ran it suppressed 100% of the time even though the can isn’t on in the picture. I’m thinking I’m about to snag a .257 barrel to spin up a 25 SAUM as it’s replacement now.
            School me on making brass for these calibers.

Comment

Here’s mine. It’s an extremely accurate hammer. Mine is running very mild loads but the accuracy was worth not chasing more speed. Running 143eldx around 3050 and 135jlk around 3025 both H1000. No pics of shots on animals but has performed excellent from 100 out to 515 where I shot my sheep

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post

For the 6.5 you just buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
                  I one step necked down 7 SAUM Remington brass. When I built mine there wasn’t a factory offering, and the factory Hornady brass that came out sucked. I’ve got better case capacity with better speeds, and it’s last more firings. My buddies were roasting their Hornady factory brass in 2-3 firings.

Comment

I believe ADG and Bertram made brass for it as well, but I never tinkered with it.

Comment

APR built me a 6.5 gap 4s last year. Absolute HAMMER! Hornady and ADG make brass for them and I bought both. I prefer the ADG. Mine loves the new Sierra game changer 130 grain bullets. It’s a polymer tipped game king. H1000 powder and F215 primers. So far it has been devastating on deer and pigs. Farthest hunting shot was a doe at 240 yards. Nothing has taken a step. Mine is only 22” barrel as I shoot suppressed and if I remember correctly I’m around 3150 fps.

Comment

Here’s my 6.5 SAUM. If I keep it I’ll probably suppress it soon.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Have any of you had any experience with this factory round?

Comment

Originally posted by weminuche View Post

What tha heck. I didn’t even know anyone made factory ammo for it. It’s not even a sami spec round I didn’t think.

Comment

If your going factory ammo, I’d really consider 6.5prc.

Originally posted by weminuche View Post

Comment

Working...
                              X