2 big bucks down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 big bucks down

Me and my hunting buddy had a crazy opening weekend. I don’t think we will probably ever be able to top this weekend. Both of us were able to take our target bucks within 12 hours of each other. I have been watching and Hoping my buck “12 pack” would reach his potential for 3 years. We normally have him all summer and get to watch him grow. This year I was beginning to get a little worried we didn’t get our first pictures of him until about a month ago. He instantly became #1 on my list this year when he made the jump from a 10pt to a 12 pt. “Crabby” is the buck my buddy was after we have had this buck all over our cameras the last few years and knew we could get a shot on him. This is his first buck he’s taken with a bow and it’s a hell of a first buck.

“Crabby”

My buddy has hunted with me for the last 6 years on my lease. He always helps me with the work I need to get done and I have given him the green light on plenty of bucks over the years. He always passes on them until this year I gave him a green light he couldn’t pass up. We have had this deer pretty well patterned this early season and we knew if we hunted hard we had a real good chance of getting a shot opportunity on him. The second sit into the season he jumped into the pen and ran all of the other deer out. He stood broadside at 20 yards away and my buddy made a good shot on him. We heard him crash and instantly started celebrating. He comes out with me and helps me do work around the ranch that I couldn’t do by myself and never complains or expects anything in return. I was glad to be apart of his first bow buck kill and couldn’t be more happy for him!

“12 pack”

I was able to see 12 pack on my first sit of the season about 200 yards away in a funnel. We knew he used this funnel pretty often and luckily we made a makeshift ground blind 2 weeks before the season knowing that we could have a real good shot at him there. After the first hunt I knew that my best shot would be to sit at the ground blind and try to ambush him there. We got in the ground blind super early hoping that he wouldn’t already be in the area. About 5 minutes before legal shooting light we had 3 bucks cross right in front of the ground blind at 6 yards I instantly knew one of them was 12 pack. We got super lucky that he stuck around long enough for me to have a perfect shot opportunity on him at 15 yards. I executed a good shot and 60 yards later he piled up. This has definitely been one of the greatest hunt I have ever been a part of. Between all the game planning and watching this deer grow over the last 3 years this hunt couldn’t have ended in a better way.

We were able to get both kills on camera also so I’ll be posting them to YouTube soon if you want to check them out! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3C...4ql3RU-lwJy3Mg
    Attached Files

Wow...congrats on two phenomenal deer!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice. Congrats to you both!

Comment

Congrats sir! Two tremendous bucks.

Comment

Dang, those are awesome bucks! Congrats!!!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

congrats on two fine bucks

Comment

Congrats, that's awesome!

Comment

Awesome Bucks!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Congrats Chad! those are some bruisers! Call me if you need ever need any help with anything! ��

Comment

Congratulations on 2 fine bucks!

Comment

Good stuff! Congrats to both of you

Comment

Great bucks, and a really great job on the photography as well! Love to hear the stories and that is awesome that you gave that opportunity to your buddy and he and you both connected. Good deal all around.

Comment

Working...
                              X