X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am definitely buying a generator.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      We found out quickly this was some of the best $$ spent on our house build.

When this is heated up and cranking our HVAC units barely run in the house. I stuff it full of wood at bedtime, close the door and it will heat the majority of the house all night long. We also had a duct tapped off the heat exchanger box around the stove and ran duct piping to a fan in the attic and that ties into the plenum box on the unit that serves our bedroom/bathroom/office. I have a thermostat in the bedroom and it will keep it at set point all night long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Mike D, what exactly is that set up, brand/ name etc? Thanks

Comment

tagged

Comment

For all of you that bought and returned generators after Harvey, Do you miss me now?

Comment

Need to keep my CPAP battery charged so when power shuts down, I won’t be stuck without one. Power out right now in Llano on CTEC, shutting down alternating hours. Cell phone still charged.

Comment

Insulate your homes better.

Comment

Make sure the generator is ready to go!! We’ve been without power for almost 36 hours now. Generator is out and plugged into the furnace so the house is warm enough inside.

Comment

Anti gel..Never thought I'd need it down here.

Comment

Better insulated pump shed. And connections for Mr Buddy heaters to run off at least 20 pound tanks in there.
                    This was like a Hurricane to prep for, but I was hoping and praying weather persons were wrong again. We had time, but didn’t get completely ready. Hopefully it’s not an expensive lesson.

The house generator is definitely being kicked around.

But our Old Ashley Wood heater has saved the day. She may not be pretty but she is like that old German farm girl, She just works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Generator is great insurance

Comment

Put in my own water well so I’m not at the mercy of the extremely incompetent canyon lake water service company. They have dropped the ball so bad it’s no doubt considered negligence. I’m hearing there may be a class action lawsuit.

Comment

Lesson learned - Don't trust that your son understands completely when you tell him to make certain that the outside faucets are running and not just dripping. I ended up having to run a hair dryer on them to get them flowing again.

Lesson learned - keep an EXTRA generator and space heater(s) on hand for when that family member calls and needs help.

Lesson reaffirmed - Never be without a 4x4 truck.

I've been very lucky with not being impacted at my house by the power outages but I think that is more about luck of proximity than anything else. I am about 1 mile from a Resolute Health Hospital (Creekside area) in New Braunfels.

I guess I have been very lucky with my diesel not gelling on me but I have been filling up at Buc-ees and keeping it topped off every time I have to venture out. Still going to pick some up. My 7.3l is extremely cold blooded and I keep it plugged in below 30 degrees religiously - maybe this is helping.

Comment

I refill my small Mr Buddy propane bottles from my 20lb ones. $7 connector. I use it in the well house for backup heating.

Comment

I’ve learned the level of incompetence at TXDOT, ERCot and the state knows no bounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
                                Mike D, what exactly is that set up, brand/ name etc? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X