Ford 6.7 Owners..Need some tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
    Everyone I talk to uses Rotella... They claim it to be god gift to oil!
    I have ran T6 for 170k and as mentioned before make sure you use motocraft filters not only for oil but for fuel also.

Edit: Make sure you put the right oil in it. The 6.7 powerstroke has very tight bearing tolerances which is why I believe it calls for 5w40 but don't quote me on that. A very well known engine builder has gone on the record by saying that every bad 6.7 that came to his shop has had a spun bearings on them. If the weight of the oil is higher than it should be then the right amount of oil isnt getting between the crank/cam/whatever and the bearing. This is really an issue in colder climates.
    Last edited by Fordnandez; 02-08-2021, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
      That is the fuel/water separator that’s mounted next to the tank on the 17s. The fuel filter is under the hood.
      From what I've seen this has a filter inside, So this is a fuel / water separator / filter? I bought the Motorcraft FD4625 FD-4625 Element which replaces that filter

Comment

From what I've seen this has a filter inside, So this is a fuel / water separator / filter? I bought the Motorcraft FD4625 FD-4625 Element which replaces that filter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
        That white filter on the left is the water separator. The black one on the right is the under hood fuel filter. The water separator needs to be drained regularly. I change mine every 15K miles. They come together, and changed at the same times.

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
          That is correct. Video below shows the location and process of both filters. Make sure you change both. I do mine every other oil change.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-13Q5N8e8M"]Fuel Filter Change FAST 2017 and up Ford 6.7L Diesels - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
            I thought that was just an issue on the 2016 down. Maybe not.
            I thought the same thing??

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
              I thought that was just an issue on the 2016 down. Maybe not.

No sir, my 18 is the one that left me stranded when it blew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                No sir, my 18 is the one that left me stranded when it blew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Man that really stinks........ especially since it has been an issue for so long. Since I said that I am sure someone is going to bring up death wobble.

Comment

I do not care what Ford engine I have, it will always have Motorcraft oil and filters. Diesel or gas, does not matter. I have the new 7.3 gas and the Ford Quick Lane does the oil changes so if it craters and they say it was the oil or filter, maybe I have something possibly to come back on them. I was the unfortunate owner of a 6.0 that cost me a fortune. Did not use Motorcraft and was told something regarding the use of another brand oil that caused the initial problem n my 6.0!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    Is that available for gas vehicles?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                    I believe they have a cheaper deal for gas vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                    X