Pig lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pig lease

A few yrs ago I was on a lease south of Houston. It was only a pig lease and only could bow hunt. I am potentially in the market for another set up like this. Anyone know of anything?

Originally posted by parachili2 View Post
    A few yrs ago I was on a lease south of Houston. It was only a pig lease and only could bow hunt. I am potentially in the market for another set up like this. Anyone know of anything?
    IMO that is a huge untapped market. As long as my freezer is full of venison I'd much rather pig hunt than deer.

Comment

I've been searching for a "pig lease" for several months now here in the Rio Grande Valley, but nothing so far. I thought it was going to be easy to find one since pigs are "everywhere" and such a "nuisance". I'm gonna keep looking. Good luck to you OP.

Comment

Originally posted by parachili2 View Post
        I remember seeing that place posted here and wondered how it worked out. Santa Fe?

Comment

Been looking for the same thing around the Canton area or within a hour or so of it.

Comment

I look at the one in Santa Fe and it looked good, but I decided not to get on. That was about three or four years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Firecuss View Post
              I look at the one in Santa Fe and it looked good, but I decided not to get on. That was about three or four years ago.
              Do you remember what part of Santa Fe? I just moved here and looking for a similar set up. Not to hijack your post OP.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
                I've been searching for a "pig lease" for several months now here in the Rio Grande Valley, but nothing so far. I thought it was going to be easy to find one since pigs are "everywhere" and such a "nuisance". I'm gonna keep looking. Good luck to you OP.
                Because it’s a train wreck for land owners that use their land. Everything else is already leased for hunting

Comment

If you have no problem limiting yourself to just a couple of stand setups and would wait until after deer season I might work out a deal with someone that won't require money changing hands.

Comment

Originally posted by megger89 View Post
                    Do you remember what part of Santa Fe? I just moved here and looking for a similar set up. Not to hijack your post OP.
                    It was a few years ago and I remember there being A LOT of rules that seemed more of a hassle than it was worth.

Comment

here......https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...a+Fe+hog+lease

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
                        It was a few years ago and I remember there being A LOT of rules that seemed more of a hassle than it was worth.
                        You were wiser than me. Had my stuff stolen off of there a few weeks after joining.

That lease is off of Highland Road and the property is currently for sale as well.

Comment

Just go knock some doors cause landowners wanna get rid of them big time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                            Just go knock some doors cause landowners wanna get rid of them big time.
                            They come out ahead hiring pros vs taking a lease check. From a landowner point of view

Comment

Originally posted by JRL View Post
                              You were wiser than me. Had my stuff stolen off of there a few weeks after joining.

That lease is off of Highland Road and the property is currently for sale as well.
                              Man I hate hearing that!

Comment

Working...
                              X