Ford 6.2 and 7.3 Gas VS the new GM 6.6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford 6.2 and 7.3 Gas VS the new GM 6.6?

I have owned a 13' f-250, 6.2 and loved it, it pulled very good. I had an itch to buy a diesel and went with the Nissan XD 5.0 diesel. I prolly let most of the complaints in the Nissan groups persuade me into getting a gasser. so when time to change into another truck, ford really low balled my trade in. The big three all had more HP/Tq ratings.
    What you thoughts on the new big gas trucks for towing trailers vs the Nissan Titan? I am really leaning towards the F-250 2wd base truck
    What's the brain trust thoughts on these trucks?
    I am not going back into a diesel

I’m no help on the subject. I have had a gas 3/4 ton before and it was what it was, I’m sure the bigger motors perform better than the gas motors of old.

What are your thoughts of the Nissan 5.0 vs your old 6.2? A gas 3/4 ton Ford will probably be what I go with next

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
      I have owned a 13' f-250, 6.2 and loved it, it pulled very good. I had an itch to buy a diesel and went with the Nissan XD 5.0 diesel. I prolly let most of the complaints in the Nissan groups persuade me into getting a gasser. so when time to change into another truck, ford really low balled my trade in. The big three all had more HP/Tq ratings.
      What you thoughts on the new big gas trucks for towing trailers vs the Nissan Titan? I am really leaning towards the F-250 2wd base truck
      What's the brain trust thoughts on these trucks?
      I am not going back into a diesel
      What do you tow?

Why would you buy a new base model 2wd over a used 4x4 with options?

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
        What do you tow?

Why would you buy a new base model 2wd over a used 4x4 with options?
        I do not need options, I prefer the work truck style. I seriously doubt I would ever need 4x4. I like the 2wd as sits lower and easier to get in/out of. I tow GN and Bumper pulls some load north of 12k

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
          I’m no help on the subject. I have had a gas 3/4 ton before and it was what it was, I’m sure the bigger motors perform better than the gas motors of old.

What are your thoughts of the Nissan 5.0 vs your old 6.2? A gas 3/4 ton Ford will probably be what I go with next
          Once I got used to the 6.2 running high RPM's, life was good. The Nissan 5.0 towed just as well as the 6.2, on loads that caught alot of wind, the 5.0 wins. From what I have read about the 5.0, it seems to be like the Ford 6.0-you either got a good one or a bad one.
          Truth be known, I hate the DEF part.

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
            I do not need options, I prefer the work truck style. I seriously doubt I would ever need 4x4. I like the 2wd as sits lower and easier to get in/out of. I tow GN and Bumper pulls some load north of 12k
            Can't offer any advice from personal experience on what you need/want. I do think you have the right idea with Ford and Chevy gassers.

Comment

2020 F350 C/C STX FX4 with the 7.3 and love it! It will tow anything you want and will haul butt when needed.

This is a LWB 4x4 with 3.73 gears.

Comment

All I can add is I went from a 2018 Cummins dually to a 3/4 megacab hemi with 4.10 gears and 35x12.50x20 tires. I love the hemi. Everyday driving I get 13.5 mpg and on trips over 14. It pulls very well and rides fantastic

Comment

Love my 2020 6.2. Just drove go Kansas yesterday and said 15.2 mpg on the computer. Tows my bassboat great, comfortable, etc

Comment

I just bought a crew cab F-250 4x4 with the 6.2 in October. I went with the 6.2 only because, I wanted a long bed and that was the only one in the area at the time. I have test drove some 7.3s and they probably do have more power but in the 250 you only get 3.55 or 4.30 gear ratios. Obviously I would take the 4.30 but most of them are special order or in the tremor. My opinion it seemed to me the 6.2 with the 6 spd transmission with 3.73s seemed to hold gears better on hills than the 10 spd with 3.55s. As far as fuel mileage, I don’t know how they compare. Probably better with the 7.3, but who knows. I average 14-15 mpg highway and have pulled up to about 9k. Mileage drops when towing and it’s definitely not a diesel, but from owning half tons most my life, it is pretty decent. One thing to keep in mind the 2020s seem to sit a little lower than the 17-19. Not a big deal for me, but maybe for some. I would recommend to drive them all. A buddy of mine bought a 2500hd with the 6.6 gas and he says he gets 13-14 mpg. That’s with a level kit and bigger tires. Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share my experience.

Comment

Just got the new 21 6.6 gm gas and it sits a inch higher then the 2020 6.6 diesel model but pulls better there the old 6.0s

Comment

I had a Ford F-250 with the 6.2 in it and I loved the thing. Put almost 200k on it before I traded it in. It pulled any trailer I backed up to and was great with the airbags on the back.

I got a 2020 2500 Dodge with the 6.4 Hemi in it and it is better the the 6.2 in my opinion. A lot more power and get up and go. I went with 4x4 on this truck and I love it. I pull a 4 horse living quarters trailer with it all the time.

Comment

I have a 2011 F250 6.2 180k on it and a 2011 F350 152k on it, and I pull trailers daily. My biggest load is my 14k skid steer, and both trucks pull it fine. Both my trucks are still in great shape, so I’m going to keep driving them until I’m not comfortable making the 500 mile trip to my place in Oklahoma.
                          I love my 6.2’s and wouldn’t hesitate to buy another, but the 7.3 is intriguing. I have a buddy who bought one to pull a 40 foot fifth wheel and absolutely loves it. If I were buying a truck today, it would be a hard decision as to which motor, but it would definitely be a Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by shwacker1911 View Post
                            Just got the new 21 6.6 gm gas and it sits a inch higher then the 2020 6.6 diesel model but pulls better there the old 6.0s
                            Like hearing this.

We will looking into gas 3/4s by summer

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 2020 6.4 hemi 2500. Love it!

Comment

Working...
                              X