Help me build twin rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me build twin rifles

Ok so I have two lefty rem long actions one standard bolt face other magnum. I plan to build matching rifles one in 25-06 and one in 300 win mag. I want these to be like a mountain type rifle. 6.5 to 7.5 lbs I am pretty sure I want a muzzle brake on both ( to tame the 300 and to make the 25 match ). I am thinking a 25 inch barrel on both. What I don’t know is contour. That gets confusing. I am looking at a grayboe outlander stock at like 26 ounces and a trigger tech trigger. What should I be thinking of? Btw plan to take them to Alamo

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
    Ok so I have two lefty rem long actions one standard bolt face other magnum. I plan to build matching rifles one in 25-06 and one in 300 win mag. I want these to be like a mountain type rifle. 6.5 to 7.5 lbs I am pretty sure I want a muzzle brake on both ( to tame the 300 and to make the 25 match ). I am thinking a 25 inch barrel on both. What I don’t know is contour. That gets confusing. I am looking at a grayboe outlander stock at like 26 ounces and a trigger tech trigger. What should I be thinking of? Btw plan to take them to Alamo

Chris, if you’re talking strictly mountain type rifle I would got with a fluted 2b bartlein. Muzzle brakes are good. Personally, cause it’s not my money but I’d be looking at AG composites over the Greyboe. I know the Greyboe is cheaper. The rest of your stuff is pretty straight forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X