Rem 700 gone forever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rem 700 gone forever?

So what do y’all think? Will there ever be any more model 700 actions produced? If not do you think prices on used guns will rise or stay the same? I feel prices will stay about the same due to so many other quality guns on the market it would be crazy to spend a premium on a 700

Am I under a rock? 700 going by-by???

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
      Yes you are
      For a couple yrs now I guess, as it played out over a good stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
        Remington went bankrupt and sold all its holdings to various entities. The gun manufacturing part went to a group that from what I understand does real estate and builds paintball guns. They have stated they want to open up but I think their focus is going to be shotguns if they even get a license to make guns

Comment

I didnt know until now that they owned barnes bullets also, thats a bummer

Comment

Could be greatest thing to happen to the modern 700s.

Savages are beloved these days and it's because of what happened after being sold several times.

Comment

Originally posted by Anteloper View Post
              https://cases.primeclerk.com/RemingtonOutdoor/

I didnt know until now that they owned barnes bullets also, thats a bummer
              Maybe not a bummer. Sierra Bullets purchased the Barnes part of the business.

Comment

If there not made anymore as time goes on yes they will become very valuable. Good example is every other loved rifle overtime that’s no longer made. I have one it was made pre 80s in 30-06. Not going to ever sell

Comment

Last I heard Remington name will remain and build only the 700 bolt guns, shotguns and their 1911 pistols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Last I heard Remington name will remain and build only the 700 bolt guns, shotguns and their 1911 pistols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    The Remington name and logos went to I think vista outdoors. It did not go with The firearms manufacturing. So if guns are made they will have to go by a different name or lease the name from vista

Comment

Originally posted by WTucker View Post
                      Maybe not a bummer. Sierra Bullets purchased the Barnes part of the business.
                      cool cool

Comment

dont understand how they went under

Comment

Well glad I bought a SPS 26” Varmint a month ago from Academy when they said $300 out the door. It had been sitting in the rack for months. Took it to Euless Guns and Ammo for some work and this was the results.

From my Make Believe World

Comment

Although the Remington name may be gone, there's a bunch of companies building actions with the same footprint so there's always an alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by Anythinghunter8 View Post
                              dont understand how they went under
                              Really not hard to comprehend when you think about it.

**** poor management, gimicky cheap rifles being pushed out, quality went to hell last 10-15 years. Massive lawsuits and recalls from triggers/safeties that were not safe.

Comment

Working...
                              X