Guys with Truck Bed Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhodes520 View Post
    I do and went with a Peragon bed cover. Lockable, keeps out rain, and allows me to retract the top and hookup to a trailer.

https://www.peragon.com/?gclid=Cj0KC...oaAv9hEALw_wcB
    One of my buddies has this one. He hates it & says it comes apart all the time. It happened to come apart/break this weekend. I didn't care for the design.

Comment

Thanks fellas and ladies for your insight! I’ve been looking at the Retrax brand and they’re actually 15% off right now through Dec. 2nd. I’ve seen the Diamondback covers in person and they are bad to the bone. I don’t like the idea of having to remove the panels to fit something taller. My luck is I would be somewhere away from home and have to fit something larger, then have to remove a panel and pack it home too. I’ve been wondering the same things on what to store all of my essentials in without having a tool box to just throw them in if I go the cover route. It’s amazing how much stuff you accumulate in a toolbox lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I put a roll n lock on my truck in 2013. It has been great. I like the fact that I can have it all the way open or partially open in three different positions. My only 2nd thoughts is to go with a topper and that hasn't happened

Comment

Originally posted by sunsethunter View Post
          Anybody have a bed cover and pull a gooseneck or 5th wheel? That's my main problem with getting one is that I tow a gooseneck frequently and am thinking it might be a pain.

Yep. I have the Fold-a-Cover G4 elite with the built in tool box on a short bed Ram 2500 and I pull a 5th wheel. It folds up flat on the first section so plenty of room for the hitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            I made the switch after 24 years and I love it. I'd look at the Bakflip MX4 over a rollup myself. Lease member had his roll up bouncing around on our lease and driving down the highway.

But either way, I like the coverage for the bed stuff during the rainy lease trips as well as the dusty lease trips.

[ATTACH]1030280[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1030281[/ATTACH]

I have this one as well. It’s not perfect but I’m pretty dern happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The cost for a hard bed cover with a built in toolbox was too stout for my taste...plus I like projects. So I decided to just build my own, so I did. I located a hard top on Amazon that was well reviewed and modestly priced....lil over $300. I already had a nice deep full sized toolbox, so I got out my tape, T square, and skil-saw and got to work.

It's worked out great and looks fine. However, between form and function I'm more of a function guy. The cover keeps the h20 out and is a bit tougher to access by a thief then my old soft cover.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slicefixer View Post
                The cost for a hard bed cover with a built in toolbox was too stout for my taste...plus I like projects. So I decided to just build my own, so I did. I located a hard top on Amazon that was well reviewed and modestly priced....lil over $300. I already had a nice deep full sized toolbox, so I got out my tape, T square, and skil-saw and got to work.

It's worked out great and looks fine. However, between form and function I'm more of a function guy. The cover keeps the h20 out and is a bit tougher to access by a thief then my old soft cover.
                Did you weld the cover directly to the toolbox?

Comment

Another vote for Diamondback!! I would have never paid that much for a bed cover but my last truck I bought came with it. Absolutely love it!! Luckily I was able to take it off and put it on my new truck as well. I don’t think I will ever not have one. Keeps everything locked up and dry. Can’t hold way too much weight on top. And I can have it off in a matter of minutes if I need to haul a gooseneck!

Pic of mine on a River Trip this summer! Bed full of camping crap and coolers loaded up too!

Comment

Originally posted by Payne346 View Post
                    Gotcha...thanks. I think that’s my issue. I have a 150 and 75 and I don’t think the 150 will fit under a cover.

A 150 yeti? How tall is it? The 105 is 20”. The 160 yeti is 21.5”. I’m pretty sure that 160 would fit under my Tundra Bakflip as well . I would think your 250 bed is taller.

Last edited by Smart; 12-01-2020, 07:29 AM.

Comment

I have a Diamond Back on my new truck and love it for traveling, hunting, etc. It's water tight and very secure compared to the competition, IMO.

So far I have a love-hate relationship with bed covers. I spent a lot of years with a tool box and open bed, being able to just throw stuff back there is pretty convenient when you are working or on the move between projects or chores.
                      Honestly, on my next truck I will probably go back to a toolbox and open bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        A 150 yeti? How tall is it? The 105 is 20”. The 160 yeti is 21.5”. I’m pretty sure that 160 would fit under my Tundra Bakflip as well . I would think your 250 bed is taller.

The bed is actually pretty deep on a Tundra. I guess that’s how they attempted to make more space with the short bed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Old Ranger View Post
                          Roll n lock 15 years on same truck.
                          Roll n Lock last 2 trucks (15 years) Love it!!

Comment

Why do some guys prefer the backflip over the retractable ones?

Comment

Originally posted by jck View Post
                              Why do some guys prefer the backflip over the retractable ones?
                              The retractable take up space at the front of the bed.

My bed is full of tools so I need all the room. I have 2 big totes at the front to keep the small stuff organized.

Major PITA to move everything around to hook up the goose.

Comment

So we are wanting to cover up stuff, nobody talking about posing those trophy deer racks up high in the bed on the way home from deer camp.
                                But seriously I don't know if there is a perfect solution since you never know when you will be hauling bigger things that just won't work with a cover. I don't like the flipping kind, the rolling one looks nice but my tool box is full of "stuff I just have to have", they would be nice in the rain; I guess I just need two trucks, one open and one covered. Thinking about trying one of the rolling ones if it will clear my gooseneck hookup. I have a long bed so it should be ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X