No announcement yet.

How is your wild game stash holding??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've got plenty of deer meat left. My kids had a pretty good year as far as killing deer go. We've been fortunate enough to be able to keep my folks with plenty of deer meat as well.

Between the kids and me we killed 3 hogs that went in the freezer as well.

Comment

I’m down to about 300 lbs of sausage, ground venison/beef, bulk breakfast sausage and backstrap.

Picked up 90 lbs. of sausage last week.

(Disclaimer; I cook lunch for 2-4 people every weekday so it won’t last too long.

Comment

Eating sausage (ground and link), deer burger and tenderloin almost daily. Think I've got enough till the siege ends. The good harvest this past season was a blessing !

Comment

Got a good bit still in the freezer, should last us through summer.

Question for those of you that get so much sausage done. Do you just grill it or do you make it in a recipe? I tire of that pretty quick and prefer ground, much more versatile for our cooking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
            Got a good bit still in the freezer, should last us through summer.

Question for those of you that get so much sausage done. Do you just grill it or do you make it in a recipe? I tire of that pretty quick and prefer ground, much more versatile for our cooking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I grill it a lot but put it in gumbo, jambalaya and pastas.... I had mine made spicy and jalapeño and cheese.

Comment

Used last package of deer steak yesterday but got plenty of burger left. Got some pork left from a show pig last fall so we're in good shape. Going Friday to drop off a show pig and lamb for processing so we'll be set for a while.

Comment

Got a pretty good stash of axis and venison. Also just me and the wife. Cross fingers, but should be ok. As someone said above, might be a lesson not to eat those tags any more though. I ate one this season.

Comment

I took 5 bucks to the processor this year, gave a lot of that away. But I still have 4 nilgai and an oryx bull at the processors.... I've tried 4 different processors this year and have really liked that choice

Comment

Not too good at the moment. Got about 10lbs of ground axis left. Didn't kill anything this past season, but have an unlimited supply of pigs on the ranch I live on. Gonna start filling the freezer back up this weekend.

Comment

i bet all those " give them another year" guys are wishing they hadn't.
                      I've still got a quartered wt in the freezer and i laid down a hog and axis last weekend. I am looking to trade for fish though.

Comment

Getting sparse. I put three deer in the freezer this year, and they’re almost gone.

Comment

meat

Not bad on pig (thanks to wife) getting low on deer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dawns_Pig.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	24613646

Comment

My supply is dwindling fast. Eating wild game 2-3x a week.

Comment

Also has giving me an excuse to fire up the smoker and vacuum seal lots of meat!

Comment

Working...
                              X