TRUMP is at it again.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LWC View Post
    My drug dealer has papers saying he is legal to sell weed, coke, and meth. Guess what it is still illegal. But it helps me to sleep better at night.
    Must be the weed. No way it's the coke or meth that's helping you sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
      Must be the weed. No way it's the coke or meth that's helping you sleep.
      It's the papers saying he is legal

Comment

It's the papers saying he is legal
        That the weed was rolled in......

Comment

I employee over 400 people in the Houston construction market, from all different walks of life, and many of them are Hispanic. We require proper government docs on all of them, withhold taxes on all of them, pay employer contributions on all of them and dang sure pay them FAR above minimum wage and expect them to work their asses off. Absolutely no difference in pay for ones born here or immigrated here and I'll tell you first hand that not many US born people want to work in a ditch, on the end of a shovel, for 12 hours a day in the Texas heat. It's a constant struggle in our business to make sure we hire legal employees, but an even bigger struggle to find English speakers that are ABLE and WILLING to do the job. Hell, I got a warning from the EEOC some years back because I don't advertise for job openings in primarily black publications....so I did. Not one job was filled from it. I have some great guys that happen to be black that work for me, but it's because they WANT to work.
          When I was a kid in the business, I started in the bottom of a ditch with a few white guys a few black guys and a few Mexicans. We all worked for the same money, under the same sun, for the same hours. Those days are gone and it has NOTHING to do with pay.
          In a different industry, 25 years ago the Houston masonry contractors were primarily black laborers that were fast, good and worked hard....no more. You can't find a black mason in Houston, just like you'd be hard pressed to find an 18 year old white boy that wasn't holding out for a management position. Hard work is HARD and the candyasses that we've raised in this country don't seem to want to work hard! We talk about it on TBH all the time.....ENTITLEMENT.
          You wanna fix the labor issue? Stop paying people for sitting on their *** at home. Hunger is a great motivator. Our own welfare system is the cause of everything we've discussed in this thread regarding labor. Fix the handouts and you fix a lot.

BTW....I'm always looking for good, hardworking, smart people that wanna learn a trade and grow in a business. It ain't easy, glamorous or sexy, but it's honest work for a good company. Send me your sons and I'll pay them according to their experience and work ethic and desire to grow in the business. But if they don't cut it, it was probably your fault.... not mine.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            I employee over 400 people in the Houston construction market, from all different walks of life, and many of them are Hispanic. We require proper government docs on all of them, withhold taxes on all of them, pay employer contributions on all of them and dang sure pay them FAR above minimum wage and expect them to work their asses off. Absolutely no difference in pay for ones born here or immigrated here and I'll tell you first hand that not many US born people want to work in a ditch, on the end of a shovel, for 12 hours a day in the Texas heat. It's a constant struggle in our business to make sure we hire legal employees, but an even bigger struggle to find English speakers that are ABLE and WILLING to do the job. Hell, I got a warning from the EEOC some years back because I don't advertise for job openings in primarily black publications....so I did. Not one job was filled from it. I have some great guys that happen to be black that work for me, but it's because they WANT to work.
            When I was a kid in the business, I started in the bottom of a ditch with a few white guys a few black guys and a few Mexicans. We all worked for the same money, under the same sun, for the same hours. Those days are gone and it has NOTHING to do with pay.
            In a different industry, 25 years ago the Houston masonry contractors were primarily black laborers that were fast, good and worked hard....no more. You can't find a black mason in Houston, just like you'd be hard pressed to find an 18 year old white boy that wasn't holding out for a management position. Hard work is HARD and the candyasses that we've raised in this country don't seem to want to work hard! We talk about it on TBH all the time.....ENTITLEMENT.
            You wanna fix the labor issue? Stop paying people for sitting on their *** at home. Hunger is a great motivator. Our own welfare system is the cause of everything we've discussed in this thread regarding labor. Fix the handouts and you fix a lot.

BTW....I'm always looking for good, hardworking, smart people that wanna learn a trade and grow in a business. It ain't easy, glamorous or sexy, but it's honest work for a good company. Send me your sons and I'll pay them according to their experience and work ethic and desire to grow in the business. But if they don't cut it, it was probably your fault.... not mine.
            Precisely! And very **** well said!

Comment

I know 2 good people who would move to Houston as a package deal for 400k a year[emoji56]

You could do a lot more deer hunting if you adopted us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Black Ice; 01-26-2017, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                I know 2 good people who would move to Houston as a package deal for 400k a year[emoji56]

I've gotta long lost cousin in Nigeria that is getting me some money from their government that I didn't even know about. I just had to send him $5000 and my SS# and it's coming. As soon as the check clears, I'm gonna call you to start!

Comment

I've gotta long lost cousin in Nigeria that is getting me some money from their government that I didn't even know about. I just had to send him $5000 and my SS# and it's coming. As soon as the check clears, I'm gonna call you to start!

I'll send you that $5000 tonight if you can make that 400k happen[emoji16]

Seriously though my wife and I have been thinking of moving back to Texas in the next couple of years so if you know anybody who is looking for a regional manger or GM type position let me know. I'm 15 years in with the same company and she was 13 years before she left and she is looking in Texas and Louisiana. I'm sales and would stay with the company I'm with and transfer but she is looking for something different.

Last edited by Black Ice; 01-26-2017, 12:25 AM.

Comment

You won't get any applicants. Everyone wants to start at 60k and wants to move to 100k asap ! Just like in Operations everyone feels they should get the good Operator job with no experience. Sometimes you have to start at a more manual labor job and move up. Folks blame illegals and millineials but the generation before us really made kids entitled.

Comment

Lots of good points on economics, supply/demand, entitlement issues etc.... all of which are irrelevant to the main issue here which is that the cost monetarily of 113 billion dollars a year and other losses due to illegal immigration far exceeds any benefit that labor provides.

Oh the other losses.

Worth it?

Comment

You are the one spewing that natives won't do certain jobs. They won't for SUBSTANDARD wages but they will at a certain level. But I guess you still dispute that?

An American Database Admin that's working for a Fortune100 company dealing with Petabytes of data that's responsible for hundreds of Billions of dollars will not do that job for $30 per hour.

Won't happen.

Why?

Because closer to $130 per hour is the norm.

But TEKsystems can provide you the same worker (from India) that will work for $35 per hour
                        The worker may get $25 per hour to his pocket
                        That's $1,000 per week
                        Sure is alot better than the $150 per week he'd make sitting in Hyderabad doing the same job.

Just like a burger flipper at McDonalds will make $7 per hour in Austin but make $11 per hour in Boston.

Americans know about labor laws and stand up for themselves.
                        Workers here on H1-Bs are like ex-cons, they know the employer has them by the bawz and don't want to rock the boat so they keep their head down and be quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                          An American Database Admin that's working for a Fortune100 company dealing with Petabytes of data that's responsible for hundreds of Billions of dollars will not do that job for $30 per hour.

Won't happen.

Why?

Because closer to $130 per hour is the norm.

But TEKsystems can provide you the same worker (from India) that will work for $35 per hour
                          The worker may get $25 per hour to his pocket
                          That's $1,000 per week
                          Sure is alot better than the $150 per week he'd make sitting in Hyderabad doing the same job.

Just like a burger flipper at McDonalds will make $7 per hour in Austin but make $11 per hour in Boston.

Americans know about labor laws and stand up for themselves.
                          Workers here on H1-Bs are like ex-cons, they know the employer has them by the bawz and don't want to rock the boat so they keep their head down and be quiet.
                          I disagree - these employees are living here aren't they ? They get to work and eat and provide a home for themselves and Family dont they ?

Comment

Originally posted by firefighterTT View Post
                            We need a like button
                            I agree. We need one!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm disappointed at some folks and their lack of resolve of America.

If illegal labor went away (which it won't completely) there would be some pain. In order for that to work all the people we keep hearing "won't do those jobs" are going to have to feel that pain too. But America always adjusts.

Regarding costs going higher, what price do you know of that remains stagnant? I'll use this example; I bought my last brand new truck in 2000. I bought a LOADED F250 super duty CC 4x4 diesel. Sticker price was $38k. How much is the same truck today? Just about double that. But you see them on the road every day. I would venture to say that wages have adjusted proportionally. The same will happen if the amount of illegal labor is gone. But for it to work, you have to adjust the freebies that people get too. Like Curt said, hunger is a hell of a motivator.

I also think think that any business that KNOWINGLY hires illegals should be severely punished as well. You are a sorry POS if you are KNOWINGlY contributing to the problem.

Legal immigrants need to be held responsible for making sure they stay legal too. There should be no unlimited work visas. If you plan to be here long term, become a legal citizen and most importantly embrace our culture and learn our language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                I'm disappointed at some folks and their lack of resolve of America.

If illegal labor went away (which it won't completely) there would be some pain. In order for that to work all the people we keep hearing "won't do those jobs" are going to have to feel that pain too. But America always adjusts.

Regarding costs going higher, what price do you know of that remains stagnant? I'll use this example; I bought my last brand new truck in 2000. I bought a LOADED F250 super duty CC 4x4 diesel. Sticker price was $38k. How much is the same truck today? Just about double that. But you see them on the road every day. I would venture to say that wages have adjusted proportionally. The same will happen if the amount of illegal labor is gone. But for it to work, you have to adjust the freebies that people get too. Like Curt said, hunger is a hell of a motivator.

I also think think that any business that KNOWINGLY hires illegals should be severely punished as well. You are a sorry POS if you are KNOWINGlY contributing to the problem.

Legal immigrants need to be held responsible for making sure they stay legal too. There should be no unlimited work visas. If you plan to be here long term, become a legal citizen and most importantly embrace our culture and learn our language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

[emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                                X