Flying with hunting gear questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flying with hunting gear questions

I see that my bow case can fly as a normal checked bag.
    My question is about other gear.

Do you think I can take my saddle platform and climbing sticks in my carry-on bag?
    Attached Files

Yes, not problem as long as they fit in a carry on sized bag.

Comment

I don’t think those would make it through security.

Comment

Interested in this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey Justin. Whenever traveling with my hunting gear I just put all my stuff that has sharp points in my bow case or other checked luggage so that there is no issues at security. Not something you wanna have to figure out there. If that platform will meet the carry on parameters size wise I really don’t think it would be an issue. Shoot me a text.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ship your stand to where you're going.

Comment

Get a trunk from Walmart and fill it to 50lbs. You will have to pay for a bag unless it's Southwest. But really, why would you fly on any other airline? BTW, where are you going? Need to get you and your son out to our place for some hog eradication.

Comment

I wouldn't show up at the airport with that stuff in a carry-on, no matter what the TBH think tank has to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                  BTW, where are you going? Need to get you and your son out to our place for some hog eradication.

Headed to dad's place for a quick weekend hunt. Flying out next Wednesday, hunting Thurs-Sat, and flying back on Sunday.

Start the new job on following Monday, Oct. 5th. This will be a quick break!

American Airlines - they had best round trip rate into Knoxville @ $264
                  Checked bag = $30/ea

I'll just check my bow case + 1 additional with climbing sticks and platform.
                  Will carry camo and essentials in with me. No need to test the system and possibly miss my flight due to TSA follies.

I mean, what's the issue with sticks being converted into weapons when I have work residue on my boots that never gets flagged?
                  Last edited by TN_boy; 09-22-2020, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X