No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters Thread 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got 4" about 3 weeks ago and each little system since then has given us some more. Its Green for the first time in years it seams.

Also did yall see the post about the black bear on the La Perla?

Comment

Just talked to my ranch owner and the last round of storms dropped 4.5" of rain on our place. We have a pond that has not been "FULL" for God only knows how long. It is full to the brim and over flowing.
      17years on this ranch. This is only the 3rd time it has ever been full like this.
      Man this is shaping up to be a good year.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
        Just talked to my ranch owner and the last round of storms dropped 4.5" of rain on our place. We have a pond that has not been "FULL" for God only knows how long. It is full to the brim and over flowing.
        17years on this ranch. This is only the 3rd time it has ever been full like this.
        Man this is shaping up to be a good year.

Agreed. Our ponds are full as well with more rain in the forecast. Getting anxious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We need rain bad in Webb County. Seems everything is missing us. Everything has gone below Encinal or Above Carrizo springs. Catarina has missed out. Tanks are lowest I have ever seen on the ranch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by rattler7696 View Post
            We need rain bad in Webb County. Seems everything is missing us. Everything has gone below Encinal or Above Carrizo springs. Catarina has missed out. Tanks are lowest I have ever seen on the ranch.

That's was us the last few years. Our pond has never gone dry but it was not far from it a few years ago. And then we got some rain. This is the most rain we have gotten back to back in probably 7years or more.

Comment

We’ve had pretty good rains, ranch is real green. It’s my first year in south Texas and I’m looking forward to it. We’re a little south of Mirando City a little ways.

Comment

We got 1/2" early this AM and a little more drizzling. We needed it but this should keep the grass going for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                  We got 1/2" early this AM and a little more drizzling. We needed it but this should keep the grass going for a bit.

Great news! Sounds like potential heavy rain this weekend too!

Comment

We got an inch in Hebbronville this past weekend.

Comment

6/10” rain early this morning @ Big Wells

Comment

We got 2” south of Aguillares

Comment

Pond is full and the bone is starting to grow!

Comment

Was there last week. We had just over 3" in the gauge. Getting really green out there. Hopefully we keep getting these monthly down pours to keep it green. They're barely touching the protein and cotton seed. Taxidermist finished my last year's buck. He's the one on the left.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                              Was there last week. We had just over 3" in the gauge. Getting really green out there. Hopefully we keep getting these monthly down pours to keep it green. They're barely touching the protein and cotton seed. Taxidermist finished my last year's buck. He's the one on the left.

Nice!

Just had my mount wall done on my new house.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                                We got 4" about 3 weeks ago and each little system since then has given us some more. Its Green for the first time in years it seams.

Also did yall see the post about the black bear on the La Perla?

I am about 10 miles from La Perla and I have the Bear on camera in November.

Comment

Working...
                                X