No announcement yet.

South Texas Hunters Thread 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It broke just enough to get feeders filled before the bottom fell out again. Been drizzling all day and the ranch is a sloppy mess. I’ll take it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
      North and east of raymondville got slammed.

I just got back from the ranch. We definitely got some water out there
      That’s good to hear, I saw some pics of a house destroyed in San Perlita. They got it bad there.

Comment

**** boys, first year down south. The gnats suck!!!! Is this an all summer thing?

Comment

We need the wet stuff desperately in Starr...got 1.5-2" last week but really need a deluge to help our tanks.

Agreed, Never seen gnats like this before and had to use a face cover after swallowing 3 cleaning up a protein station.

Comment

Just got back from the lease. We put out 7,000# of protein yesterday. It rained and drizzled on us all afternoon. It was great to see how green things are. I spent the entire morning weedeating around the camp because the grass/weeds were almost knee high.

Hope the rain continues to help minimize the feed bill and help grow some good antlers this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              Almost 3”s in Dimmit co. near Dilley. Anyone else get some much needed rain?
              We’re between Big Wells and Dilley. I’ve been down here for almost 4 weeks straight...rain has been really good in the area. I don’t remember the last time it’s been this green

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                Just got back from the lease. We put out 7,000# of protein yesterday. It rained and drizzled on us all afternoon. It was great to see how green things are. I spent the entire morning weedeating around the camp because the grass/weeds were almost knee high.

Hope the rain continues to help minimize the feed bill and help grow some good antlers this year!

Forgot to add that all tanks are full. Some even had ducks in them.

Comment

I’ll be outside of Freer this year. New to the area and ready to see things progress. Making a protein and cottonseed run soon.

Comment

I’ll be outside of Freer this year. New to the area and ready to see things progress. Making a protein and cottonseed run soon.
                    what direction outside of freer? high or low fence

Comment

Just got back from Fowlerton, absolutely gorgeous green, tanks full and cactus blooming

Comment

South Texas Hunters Thread 2020

It’s bone dry at our place and we need rain bad.

The positive is there will be a 40 degree temp change today. Went down to Baffin Bay today to hang out a little bit and get away from the ranch.

Anyone know of a good bank grabbing spot around Rivera? I’ve gone twice now around the park at Baffin and haven’t had much luck.

Last edited by Black Ice; 05-08-2020, 06:00 PM.

Comment

I’ve also got an Exotic on camera that I’m not sure what it is.

Comment

At lease now. It’s dry

Comment

We just had a little shower in Corpus. I'll be heading down on Sunday to refill everything. Hoping we get more than expected but not holding my breath.

Comment

Ended up getting a .5 inch and was enough to knock the dust down.

Comment

Working...
                                X