Leon County property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randy View Post
    Every day is different. Some days there is no way the train will come through the next day its absolutely on its way. I haven't heard much out of it lately.

I haven't seen the first tract of land be completely sold, however the rail company is putting options to buy land along the steel structured transmission lines.

The option is they'll pay you 20-25% of the value of the property today. Then when and if the rail line goes through they'll pay you the remainder at that time. If the rail road project does not come to fruition you get to keep their money.

They tend to make these buys and options at the end and beginning of the year because they receive new funding around Jan 1 each year.

So there are many people that I have heard and visited with take the option, but no ownership has changed at this time.

A lot has changed since this post. Over few months I have seen numerous tracts of land change hands to the TEXAS CENTRAL RAILROAD & INFRASTRUCTURE INC. and TEXAS CENTRAL PARTNERS LLC.

I have talked to a number of people who have sold land. They said they were given top dollar and sometimes more than they were expecting for it. I haven't heard of any lowball offers.

One thing I have noticed is there is no consistency to the size of land they are buying. It may be an acre or an entire farm or ranch. What they are purchasing does fall along the plan of the rail line but generally aren't buying just a strip of land the size of a train.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
      A lot has changed since this post. Over few months I have seen numerous tracts of land change hands to the TEXAS CENTRAL RAILROAD & INFRASTRUCTURE INC. and TEXAS CENTRAL PARTNERS LLC.

I have talked to a number of people who have sold land. They said they were given top dollar and sometimes more than they were expecting for it. I haven't heard of any lowball offers.

One thing I have noticed is there is no consistency to the size of land they are buying. It may be an acre or an entire farm or ranch. What they are purchasing does fall along the plan of the rail line but generally aren't buying just a strip of land the size of a train.
      I've heard this too in Leon co. IDK where they're getting the money but some people are getting paid right now

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
        Well this comes awful close to several family homesteads. One such place has been in the family over 100 years. From looking at the old proposed routes, it appears they will all miss the different properties but be on the neighbors.

Has anyone seen a confirmed route since the article states they have acquired 40% of the land needed?
        Believe its the red line in post #11, not sure what the amber utility alignment line is option 2 or something else.

Comment

On a side note they are incredible to ride on.

Rode on the line from Kyoto to Toyko feels like your doing 60mph on the smoothest blacktop you can find while doing 120mph+. Only time it feels like your going fast is when you pass another train in a blink of an eye.
          Last edited by BassMaster13; 09-22-2020, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            Any new offers?

Just don't sell until you get what is fair
            Offering 1/3 of our asking price.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
              Offering 1/3 of our asking price.
              Dang. That’s b.s.

Comment

What's the latest route for this crap?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                  What's the latest route for this crap?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  Straight from the horses mouth

View detailed county and segment-level maps of the Texas Bullet Train alignment. These maps reflect ‘Preferred Build Alternative A’ as outlined by the Federal Railroad Administration in their Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS), released on December 15th, 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                    Dang. That’s b.s.
                    After reading all of this it makes me believe it’s just a speculator or the railroad trying to buy the cheapest property it can to set comps for the eminent domain lawsuits. We are definitely not near the route above.

Comment

I'm trying to find the article.. But read something about many of the property deeds are being assigned to China.

Found it

Click image for larger version

Name:	texas high speed rail.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	24632256
                      Last edited by Stan R; 09-23-2020, 05:21 AM.

Comment

I get a couple of lowball offers a month in the mail for my property in Leon Co. and I'm not near any proposed route.

Comment

Japan is not China The company building the rail is Japanese no surprise there, there have been French companies do the same thing here int he states

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                            Straight from the horses mouth

https://www.texascentral.com/alignment-maps/
                            Huh that looks like they are using the utility alignment route because that goes through limestone county

Comment

Just went and checked the county appraisal district maps and sure enough a buch of it along that route has already been bought up by Texas Central Railroad & Infrastructure INC

Comment

After this pandemic and seeing how easy it is to telecommute via Zoom, WebEx, and MS Teams I’m even more convinced that they have already lost out on business travelers. This railway is decades too late. If they manage to build it then i can’t see it operational for long. Then what do we do with the infrastructure?

Comment

Working...
                                X