Question for those who still watch NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
    That is the dumbest video I have watched in a long, long time. It is fundamentally biased and incorrect and based on a lot of assumptions to “prove” their point they are trying to make. Garbage video.
    I'm sorry you lack the capacity to see outside your own biases.

On a positive note, how about them Cowboys! What an unfrigginbelievable game. Sorry you missed it.

Comment

So your only evidence is you think blacks are denied home loans so that stops them from going to college.

Holy crap.... LOL I think you're the one having bias issues.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
        I'm sorry you lack the capacity to see outside your own biases.

On a positive note, how about them Cowboys! What an unfrigginbelievable game. Sorry you missed it.

To quote myself from a different thread debunking redlining.... you are arguing a straw man argument, because your understanding of economics and human nature is low enough that all you see is an unequal outcome and immediately associate it with a magical root cause. The real answer is the root cause is MUCH more complex than “Systemic Racism” (which is bogus, by the way), and no one wants to talk about the REAL problems because it requires some very uncomfortable conversations centered around personal responsibility.

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
        Redlining has been debunked over and over in the modern era. Especially now that you can easily apply for loans without sitting down in person to do so.

Just because certain areas have lower acceptance rates on loans than others doesn’t mean it is racially motivated. If the applicants have lower income, worse credit, or heavier debt loads they SHOULDN’T get approved at the same rates. If the equation to determine acceptance rates takes zero account of race, and relies solely on the mathematically statistical chance of default ... it ain’t racist.

People who have worked to have the higher credit scores, money for down payments, and ensure they budget to meet their bills even when unexpected things happen almost always step up to higher priced properties once those goals are achieved. This is why neighborhoods within cities tend to stratify into different price points. If I can afford to live in a lower crime rate area, with better schools, and closer to amenities... I move there. Lower income neighborhoods export the people who decide to get their house in order, and that just happens to export the very people who generally qualify for loans.

This is a classic example of cherry picking a statistic that meets a narrative and ignoring the underlying drivers of that statistic.

That is like saying that people of Jewish descent being better off financially, on average, is systemic racism. People who hold that view just conveniently gloss over the MASSIVE focus within that culture of teaching their children wise money handling skills before they they leave the house and entrench bad habits.

It has been proven OVER and OVER that the vast majority of Americans, regardless of color, can plant themselves firmly into the middle class simply by waiting to have kids until after marriage, sticking to a good budget, and making sound financial decisions. Our public schooling doesn’t teach these skills, so it is up to the parents to do so. It isn’t systemically racist that some parents pass these skills down and others don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          So your only evidence is you think blacks are denied home loans so that stops them from going to college.

Holy crap.... LOL I think you're the one having bias issues.
          Wise up. That is just one example from one of a series of videos. But why do you even ask the question when you've already decided what your answer is.

Sorry, gotta go. Second round of NFL games is underway. How about them Cowboys?

Comment

Wise up. That is just one example from one of a series of videos. But why do you even ask the question when you've already decided what your answer is.

We don't have to tune in to the NFL to get BLM rhetoric, we get it from your post.
            Wise up and look at the numbers.
            Numbers don't lie.

Comment

No response to my arguments?

Comment

You young ones keep arguing. I'm to old to protest anything. Enjoyed the Cowboys come behind victory and now watching the Chargers and Chiefs in overtime!

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                  To quote myself from a different thread debunking redlining.... you are arguing a straw man argument, because your understanding of economics and human nature is low enough that all you see is an unequal outcome and immediately associate it with a magical root cause. The real answer is the root cause is MUCH more complex than “Systemic Racism” (which is bogus, by the way), and no one wants to talk about the REAL problems because it requires some very uncomfortable conversations centered around personal responsibility.

I wasn't about to spend the time or energy with him. If he can't see poor people for what they are then his mind is made up.

Still can't name one advantage today they don't have.

Comment

Saw the Texans score....

BoB is a disaster....they deserve him

Comment

I will probably regret this, but in the spirit of sincere debate, I'll respond.

Systemic racism is neither malicious nor intentional, but it is real. Here is one of a series of videos that explain and provide examples of systemic racism.

Systemic Racism Explained - YouTube

Your 2nd and 3rd questions can't be realistically answered because they're framed within your own assumptions and political biases. The welfare problem rests in the hands of our own government because they value buying votes more than anything else. The majority of fraud in government assistance programs is actually perpetrated by business and middle age white people.

Some people seem to think that acknowledging racism means your conceding every issue related to black citizens and communities - especially when politics are involved. But that's a false choice. It doesn't mean there are many issues that need to be resolved within those communities by the people that live there.

Want an example there? Go watch some of the local news interviews from Chicago stations with black residents. Begging for more police support and a strong police presence and they don't care what color the police officers are. But you'll never see that on CNN, MSN, Fox or Brietbart. It isn't divisive or inflammatory.

If you really believe that black people have more opportunities, it can only be because you want to believe that and only look for news and info that supports it. I actually get that it is easy to do that when so much of the stuff crammed down our throats comes from a politically motivated media hellbent on portraying us as living in a racist society with a white supremacist in the WH.
                      That has to be the dumbest **** I have ever seen...
                      Although not surprising coming from you...

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                        That has to be the dumbest **** I have ever seen...
                        Although not surprising coming from you...

And he turned tail and ran after I chewed up his argument and spat it out with facts... hasn’t even tried to respond to me... though he responded to someone else on here.

Comment

Just a side note. Have you guys noticed how
                          Many people of mixed races choose to identify as the minority? Wouldn’t it make sense, if being white came with so much privilege they would associate with white/causation?? Maybe it isn’t as easy as some say to be white?
                          Sorry I know it’s a little off topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                            Just a side note. Have you guys noticed how
                            Many people of mixed races choose to identify as the minority? Wouldn’t it make sense, if being white came with so much privilege they would associate with white/causation?? Maybe it isn’t as easy as some say to be white?
                            Sorry I know it’s a little off topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            In the real average Joe world which is 90% of the population being black is a huge advantage. Try being white (and not a vet) and get a job for pretty much any government funded job (post office, TSA etc)

I've seen it with my own eyes at at least 4 different companies. Blacks get promoted easier due to policy. They can't be fired near as easy. Can't be denied a job (along with women) without a good excuse but whites can just be skipped over. It's so blatantly skewed it stupid. The people who can't see this either have mental problems or deny it on purpose (plain liars).

Then there's college...a whole different topic.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              In the real average Joe world which is 90% of the population being black is a huge advantage. Try being white (and not a vet) and get a job for pretty much any government funded job (post office, TSA etc)

I've seen it with my own eyes at at least 4 different companies. Blacks get promoted easier due to policy. They can't be fired near as easy. Can't be denied a job (along with women) without a good excuse but whites can just be skipped over. It's so blatantly skewed it stupid. The people who can't see this either have mental problems or deny it on purpose (plain liars).

Then there's college...a whole different topic.
                              Sometimes, even the Vet identifier won't help if you're a white male. (been there done that)

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                                Sometimes, even the Vet identifier won't help if you're a white male. (been there done that)
                                Point is "equal opportunity" is a crock of sh1t. If you're a white male and not a vet you have zero chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X