new broadhead to me. iron will any one take the plunge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new broadhead to me. iron will any one take the plunge

hey guys, it seems I have shot all the traditional 2 blades over the years then went to zwickey 4 blades about 5 years ago and now cant find them. killed about 7 critters with the 2 blades both single and double bevel this year but missin my 4 blade blood trail. after much research i purchased the 175 gn solids with extra bleeders. they look awesome but it was like passing a kidney stone for my tight *** to pull the trigger. are any of you guys using them. im only worried about losing them due to warranty and they are dang sharp out of the box. sorry if this has been covered. thinking elevated use only so i might not lose them. if i buy three per year and they last forever maybe i can convince myself of the value?

They are definitely too rich for my blood

Gary

Comment

Zwickeys are sold online through 3Rivers.

Comment

I shoot German Kinetic, and I cringe when I lose one. TexKing on here is an Iron Will junkie, and he swears by them! I have seen them up close, and they are as good as the GK heads!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yeah I wouldn't be able to buy those either.[emoji54]

Gary

Comment

trumpkin, the heavy zwickey 4 blades are sold out at 3 rivers and everywhere else i have looked. i am shooting 2 bladed zwickeys as per my post. just not the same blood trail. Bisch they are crazy sharp and very well made. Makes me pucker thinking of losing one. I am working next 7 days but then may try one out and see. they are more compact than i expected hopefully the hole will be big enough. they are good to deal with they forgot my extra bleeders at the factory and when i contacted them they rushed them immediately. I am hoping they will perform like high end fly rod and you just dont buy new very often.

Comment

My buddy zips thru critters with them, but he also shoots fairly heavy draw weight in the mid 60’s.

Bisch

Comment

check out the swhacker razor 252. ive been very pleased with them the past couple of years.

Comment

Upon listening to TxKing and knowing what he's put the IronWills thru and all hes killed with them, I broke down and bought some. I too am super tight so it sucked shelling out the cash, but I was super impressed with how they performed on my buck a couple weeks ago. I really like the design and they are stupid sharp out of the box. I will continue to hunt with them, but i will also be carrying some cheap heads in the quiver for pigs and small critters!

Comment

Id say zwickey and iron will are the complete opposite ends of the spectrum.

When iron will first came out I thought they were crazy to ask that kind of money. But as time goes on, and I have a bit more disposable income, they are starting to make more sense. Edge retention is the selling point for me. I have shot a wide variety of heads through animals and I'm pretty sure all of them have taken edge damage if they hit any bone at all. I'd sure like to know that it is cutting at it's full potential the entire time that it is in the animal.

Comment

Been shooting the last few years and can't say a bad thing about them. I use the v150's and have killed several deer and still using my first three purchased. Only thing that would ruin one was hitting a rock on pass through in my opinion.

Comment

Let mebprefacevthis by saying I am a tightwad.
                        I don't disagree they, like the Silver Flames, are outstanding heads.
                        I don't invest in a Swarovski scope because a Leupold scope does the job more than sufficiently for shooting a pig a hundred yards or less away. Now if I were a military sniper making life and death target acquisition and shots at long ranges in all sorts of light conditions a Swarovski or Zeiss would be worth the investment.
                        I ever become independently wealthy and want to go shoot a Cape Buffalo I'll definitely buy heads like those. For Texas whitetail, pigs and normal game I've found there are many broadheads that will do a sufficient job for a lot less money.
                        And it would hurt my feelings really bad to tear one up or lose it. Did that with a Grizzly head and I still flinch thinking about it.

Gary
                        Last edited by DRT; 11-07-2019, 04:40 PM.

Comment

feedback

thanks for all you guys that have experience with them. I just finished 6x12s in the ER and ready for a little ranch time. Im excited to try them seems like everyone that bought them is happy with their performance. ready to find out.

Comment

sorry I let this die, Working guiding and hunting has kept me off the computer mostly. I have shot 3 deer with them since I last sounded off. The first one was a stupid walking shot by my vertical window so close that i was afraid i would hit the window and took my eye off the spot, I shot a very bad cull 8 that was walking and hit back while quartering away and passed thru diaphragm to the fletching. I felt pretty good about it although regretted it at the same time. We cull very hard at the ranch and I didnt want him to get away, shot was late got dark animal went to where buggy was parked naturally and I slipped out after dark and bumped him. came back next am found blood use my great catahoula and lost him and the first head. I was not happy especially with myself because I know better but the 30 bucks was salt in the wound, I figured the expense as a mistake. After killing 200 animals with bow since the early 90s I knew i would loose one occasionally. So fast track to 2020. The next 3 deer i shot they performed flawlessly exiting the off shoulder bone twice with complete pass thrus. great blood trail and die in sight almost. I was so happy that bought each of my boys a pack. they each killed deer with same results including my oldest son who killed a 184 in giant with black widow recurve and same exit in fact passed thru exited and hit the tree behind. I am pretty sold on them performance, you just have to decide if it is worth crying when you lose one. we are all shooting the 175 gn solid with bleeders fyi. rate them 9/10 with 1 off for $$$

Comment

Wow! Congrats on all your success. We sure like to see a pic or two in the trad harvest thread!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X