Wyoming Mule Deer Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wyoming Mule Deer Rifle

Wyoming Rifle mule deer. This year was a good success. Hunting public land is tough but every now and then you just have to know a good rancher that will let you on some private land. This is one of the best I've killed in Wyoming.

About 2 pm I was let into a private pasture. Unloaded and got on the atv headed to the first hiking area. Temps were near 70 and blowing 30-40 mph. I go hiking around the little knob you see sticking up in the background. It takes about 30 minutes. Nothing. At this point my sister is at the atv without a license trying to flag me down. She spotted this buck 250 yards in front of her on the road walking around the back side of the hill in the open area. I didn't see her and I took off for the woods on the opposite side of the deer. I was searching draws hoping to spook one up. I didn't see anything. I finally got closer to my sister and say she was waving at me like something was there. I just walked 50 yards from the top of the hill and it was nothing but rocks. I keep walking toward her and she waves faster and points over the hill. I decide to start walking over the hill to see whats going on. Soon as i get on top there he is on the back side about 100 yards away. After see little forks and 3x3s all week, he looked like an absolute giant. He runs and disappears over the hill. I take off running to get over the hill so I can see him. He is about 300 yards about to drop in a draw. I thought that was going to the end and he escapes in the draw. I keep walking to get closer to the draw in case he steps out. Sure enough he stepped up on a point broad side 350 yards. 1 shot and he stumbled. I go searching for him and cant find. All of a sudden a good deer runs out of the draw back to where the buck came from. I'm like oh no, but I knew it was a good hit. Walked around a little more and finally found him laid up under a tree. Wish he could have been a 5x5 but the mass makes him look impressive.

After watching this deer for 50 minutes while I was out hiking, my sister decided she has to get a license next time.
    Attached Files

Great buck!! I’d be **** happy to get one like him! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a dang nice buck! Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good buck, congrats !
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice big 3 !!
          He is the other style 3 pt I talked about in my post.
          Great job and it looks like you were here before the last good cold front, we still have snow on the ground but it's above freezing now.
          Hope you had safe travels.

Comment

Congrats! Beautiful deer

Comment

Woozer!!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Very Nice, Congrats!

Comment

That’s a sure nuff good one! Congrats.

Comment

Wow....really nice, Congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats that is a great deer

Comment

Nice deer!

Comment

Beautiful animal. Congrats.

Comment

Great buck. Congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. I did beat the snow out of there. Started snowing the night I left. Really wish I was still there tracking an elk in that snow.

Saw my first bear up there this year. A bear license may be in my future.

Comment

Working...
                              X