Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generators

Let’s talk generators...

Looking in the 3-5k watts. I know that Honda (I think I know) is the residential industry standard...what about predator, generac, champion, dewalt, or yamaha? Anyone know much about these as far as dependability?

I bought a 2500 watt ge westinghouse generator for my camper. I will be buying a second to parallel with the first so i can run both acs if needed. So far no issues. Used it about 80 days on off grid camping and hunting trips last year and around 45 this year. Its just as quiet as the hondas and half the price of the 2200 watts. I went for the smaller generators so that my wife can move them and lift then if need be. If not for that i would have gone for their 5k generator.
    Last edited by doublearrow; 10-12-2019, 08:23 PM.

Comment

I run the 3500 predator at the lease. Has worked flawlessly. Pretty quiet too

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

I'm running the predator as well. No issues.

Comment

I have a 7500 powermate yamaha. been running at the lease going on 10 years. runs great.

Gonna bring it home to run a water well and get a smaller one for the lease.

Predator is harbor freight I think. Seen a few of those for sale.

Comment

Might check out Firman. I have one as a home backup. They have good reviews and priced well.

Comment

I like my champion dual fuel 4375 3500 running.

Comment

I’ve had Honda and Generac. No complaints with either. The bigger Generac I have is 18,000 watts. It’s not quite, but it will run a house if needed.

Comment

Been running the predator 3500 for 5 years now. Only issue I had was the label for the fuel is wrong and I pulled on that thing for 10 minutes before I realized it.

Comment

How long are yalls predator 3500 watt generator running on a tank of fuel

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

For the price it's hard to beat the Champions. I've been running one for a decade with a ton of hours on it. I change the oil every 25 or so hours and run the carb completely out of gas after each use and it cranks up on the first pull every time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Generac is just as quiet as my buddies Honda 2200, just as reliable and a whole lot less $$.

Comment

I’ve got a champion 3500, it will run our toy hauler 9 hours at night on just under 2 gallons of fuel irregardless of whether the ac or electric heaters are running. Now on a really hot day it would probably take all 4 gallons to make it sunup to sundown. I can hear it back at camp now, which gives it 12 hours but I ran my trailer off propane last night so it hasn’t had a load on it.

I believe the predators may have remote start now which would have been a HUGE draw for me 2 years ago.

Comment

4000 Predator at the least. Had zero problems. Sits out in the desert basically at the lease. Cranks 1st pull 90% of the time.

Comment

I run a champion dual fuel, never put gasoline in it and alway run it dry of propane. Have a 250 gallon tank behind my camper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X