Atascosa 2019!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoswayTyler View Post
    Alright so what’s everyone have in their packs? I don’t plan on coming back in at all during hunting hours. I’m racking my brain trying to make sure I have everything I need or could want.
    Knifes
    Lights
    Toilet paper
    Food
    Water, water and water
    First aid
    Extra socks
    Wet weather gear
    Game bags
    Extra copies of all paper work
    Lighter/chapstick necklace “army cold weather survival must”
    Binos/range finder
    Bug spray

What else?
    Don't forget your ebike

Comment

Alright so what’s everyone have in their packs? I don’t plan on coming back in at all during hunting hours. I’m racking my brain trying to make sure I have everything I need or could want.

Knifes

Lights

Toilet paper

Food

Water, water and water

First aid

Extra socks

Wet weather gear

Game bags

Binos/range finder

Bug spray

What else?
      Your bow and your arrows...[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Knifes
        Lights
        Toilet paper
        Food
        Water, water and water
        First aid
        Extra socks
        Wet weather gear
        Game bags
        Binos/range finder
        Bug spray

What else?
        More water.

Comment

Knifes

Lights

Toilet paper

Food

Water, water and water

First aid

Extra socks

Wet weather gear

Game bags

Binos/range finder

Bug spray

What else?
          Don't forget!

Drone.
          Extra batteries for Drone.
          Megaphone for announcing your kill. Audio is needed, this thread has no audio.

Drill w/ drill bit for making rattling antlers from found shed antlers on the fly. (Thanks RGV HUNTER)

Selfie stick with remote.(DO NOT POST ON HERE OR ANYWHERE ON SOCIAL MEDIA, I KNOW YOU, CoswayTyler[emoji850])

Seasoning, incase you have to use your lighter for a fire...might as well indulge with flavor.
          Constellation map for finding north. In case you get lost like Romulan. If you do get lost, call a friend to pick you up somewhere else besides where your vehicle is parked at, avoid those pesty vultures awaiting to write citations for curfew. (Thanks, Romulan.)

Chain saw with extra gas and chains, for trimming shooting lanes or just cut down a whole tree and trim out your own shot lanes. (I'd fall one right in the middle of the road to detour hunters on ebikes[emoji6])

(Nevermind the no trimming vegetation rule. Thats bogus, the refuge management sets the whole place on fire via controlled burning method anyways, so go full send with your lumberjack skills.) Small twig in the way? Cut the whole tree down.

Bring thermal optics to make sure no putas are at the parking lot at dark, if so, phone a friend.

Koozie for beer. After you finish your last beer, run it over with your front tire on your bike and make believe you're on a gas powered dirt bike like when we were young boys. Waahhmmmmmmmmm!

A cat trap. Refuge staff would be estatic to see an Ocelot in real life. [emoji28] Bring them one.

Actually, just a mini air pump for flats. Bug repellent too. Headphones.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
            Don't forget!

Drone.

Drill w/ drill bit for making rattling antlers from found shed antlers on the fly. (Thanks RGV HUNTER)

Selfie stick with remote.(DO NOT POST ON HERE OR ANYWHERE ON SOCIAL MEDIA, I KNOW YOU, CoswayTyler[emoji850])

Seasoning, incase you have to use your lighter for a fire...might as well indulge with flavor.
            Constellation map for finding north. In case you get lost like Romulan. If you do get lost, call a friend to pick you up somewhere else besides where your vehicle is parked at, avoid those pesty vultures awaiting to write citations for curfew. (Thanks, Romulan.)

Chain saw with extra gas and chains, for trimming shooting lanes or just cut down a whole tree and trim out your own shot lanes. (I'd fall one right in the middle of the road to detour hunters on ebikes[emoji6])

(Nevermind the no trimming vegetation rule. Thats bogus, the refuge management sets the whole place on fire via controlled burning method anyways, so go full send with your lumberjack skills.) Small twig in the way? Cut the whole tree down.

Bring thermal optics to make sure no putas are at the parking lot at dark, if so, phone a friend.

Koozie for beer. After you finish your last beer, run it over with your front tire on your bike and make believe you're on a gas powered dirt bike like when we were young boys. Waahhmmmmmmmmm!

A cat trap. Refuge staff would be estatic to see an Ocelot in real life. [emoji28] Bring them one.

NEGATIVE, I acquired those antlers on another hunt. Hahaha

Comment

I have a fishing cabin in Arroyo City booked for the 2nd archery hunt. My 2 buddies aren't gonna make it. Oct 30 to Nov 5th. Looking to split the cost. Let me know

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
                I have a fishing cabin in Arroyo City booked for the 2nd archery hunt. My 2 buddies aren't gonna make it. Oct 30 to Nov 5th. Looking to split the cost. Let me know
                How much? I have a room at Isla Inn, but I can still cancel.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                  Don't forget!

Drone.

What’s the headphones for??

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                    Your bow and your arrows...[emoji1787][emoji1787]

#lifesaver!!!!!

Comment

#lifesaver!!!!!
                      I am speaking from experience you know!! Several years ago, I was so excited about my hunt in West Texas, an hour into my drive I realized I forgot my bow case. Hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                        I am speaking from experience you know!! Several years ago, I was so excited about my hunt in West Texas, an hour into my drive I realized I forgot my bow case. Hahaha.

Oh shyt!!!! Knock on wood I haven’t done that yet, I did leave my bag with my shells in the truck one time during a duck hunt.
                        How wet is it down that way?

Comment

Is there any standby's for this hunt? My cousin who will be going with me to assist was wondering?

Comment

And from reading all of yall's comments, it seems the Fed Wardens do any and everything to go against the grain.

Comment

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post
                              Is there any standby's for this hunt? My cousin who will be going with me to assist was wondering?
                              No

Comment

What’s the headphones for??
                                Incase the putas are after you and you need to maintain communication with your amigos whilst running hands free. Duh.[emoji38]

Comment

Working...
                                X