Rage broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rage broadheads

Looking at getting some for my son So I found the after market ones. There $1 each. Does anyone use them and how do they fair

I use Rage Extreme Chisel Tips.... love em

Comment

Do a search, there was a thread about them on here about a month ago if I remember right.

Comment

I wouldn't use any of the off brand/China ones. Just Me, seems like there's always something bad that happens with the cheap ones. (Not opening because collar too thick, ferrules get damaged)

And all the time and money put in to get a shot at a animal, I should be able to spare $40 for a 3 pack of heads. But that's just me

That said, The hypos are my new favorite rage head

Comment

I shoot the knock offs (they came from the same place as the regular ones). You need to touch them up a bit, with a diamond stick due to the way they ship them. I've shot 30plus animals with them, and have about a 100 stocked up at the house

Comment

Originally posted by tradslam View Post
            I shoot the knock offs (they came from the same place as the regular ones). You need to touch them up a bit, with a diamond stick due to the way they ship them. I've shot 30plus animals with them, and have about a 100 stocked up at the house
            I sure would like to know how you know the Knock offs come from the same place as the real ones? Unless you just mean China in general. There are a lot of companies in China making the Rage knock offs. The quality will vary from one manufacturer to another and from one run of them to another. If you do buy the knock offs, make sure and buy extra's to practice with to make sure they work right. I've personally seen good ones and very bad ones of the knock off hypo's. The bad ones the blades would actually break just shooting them into a rhino 18-1 target. Since you can buy a dozen knock off hypo's cheaper then 3 actual Hypo's, get at least 12 so you have some for practice. Don't just shoot one for practice, shoot at least 3 of them to make sure you don't have any problems.

Comment

I love rage broad heads, but saying that i think they are the worst for beginners. One more thing a new hunter has to remember to check and make sure they are set up correctly. Checking to make sure they are closed properly i am referring to. They do a lot of damage but would go with a fixed broad head if he is a beginner.

Comment

I love hypodermics but will not be taking them next year to Alaska.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not trying to sway you as i have had great luck with them in the past but I wont use them again shot a doe last year and never found her and it was a great hit idk if i hit a void or what but we never found her.. After that i switched over to ramcats and deadringers both have given me great blood trails..

Also Grim reapers are great i have friends that swere by them and i have seen the damage they can do when my wife took her first with them..

Comment

Originally posted by Buck assasin View Post
                    Not trying to sway you as i have had great luck with them in the past but I wont use them again shot a doe last year and never found her and it was a great hit idk if i hit a void or what but we never found her.. After that i switched over to ramcats and deadringers both have given me great blood trails..

Also Grim reapers are great i have friends that swere by them and i have seen the damage they can do when my wife took her first with them..
                    Do not take this wrong. But you say is it was a great hit. If it was you would have had a deer.

Most lost deer is not failure of equipment. It was a bad shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                      I love hypodermics but will not be taking them next year to Alaska.

Why not? Caribou may require long shots an those fly like field points

Comment

What about Ramcats Eric? They are great!!

Comment

Rage broadheads

Originally posted by thebomb6_99 View Post
                          Why not? Caribou may require long shots an those fly like field points

I have great faith in them and have killed an elk at 45 yards, was thinking I'd try and take anymore possible error out of the equation.
                          Who knows what will be in my quiver by then

Comment

I will have rages an NAP kill zones in my quiver.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Comment

I 2nd the Ramcats and if Rage is what you want I say go with the Hypodermics.

When you stop to consider all that we spend on deer hunting,I can't understand skimping on a "knockoff" broadhead. It is after all the business end of "all" that is bow hunting.

Now if you're killing lots of hogs, coons or other vermin...use what ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X