No announcement yet.

Grapevine 2019-2020 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll just assume I didn’t get drawn again this year. I’ve never been drawn. Is it a conspiracy? For those of us who have been vocal on the site and through email to the Corp, it certainly feels that way. Statistics say in ten or eleven years we’d get drawn at some point. Who knows, maybe I get a call tomorrow.

Comment

Got the call today back to the Vine for another year! Guess my gift basket that was sent to them was well received

Comment

No go for me this year. I hope the guys who get the golden ticket utilize it to it's fullest or else it'll be a shame. There's always next year! LBJ will be my home this fall!

Comment

Originally posted by TrophyClubHntr View Post
          Got the call today back to the Vine for another year! Guess my gift basket that was sent to them was well received
          Weren’t you out there last year?

I’m buying in to the conspiracy ideas

Comment

Anyone get phone calls today?

Comment

I was called around lunch time today. And I got drawn! So excited for this season.

Comment

No calls for me today. Maybe tomorrow!!

Comment

Congrats! Still waiting eagerly

Comment

Kept calling and getting voicemail. Tried my buddies phone and they picked up right away. I didn’t get drawn. Asked how many people put in for it every year and he said around 500 with half of those drawing out. You would think I’d been drawn at least a couple of times since this draw started in 2011-2012. Heck, I’ve been drawn for Hagerman 3 times during this. [emoji23]

So right after I called, I called back using my personal phone. Went to voice mail again. Hung up and dialed using my buddies phone. Lo and behold, the picked up. Must got me confused with Larry. I never pizzed any of them good folks off.

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

for those who were drawn this year I noticed two poachers out there last year carrying rifles on Tuesday morning early after a big cold front. They did not see me which I'm grateful for I hid before they came any closer. Please keep a head on a swivel out there and also now I keep the Wardens number handy in case I encounter those guys again. At the time I was so shook up I snuck out of the woods and went back home before realizing I should report them

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                        Kept calling and getting voicemail. Tried my buddies phone and they picked up right away. I didn’t get drawn. Asked how many people put in for it every year and he said around 500 with half of those drawing out. You would think I’d been drawn at least a couple of times since this draw started in 2011-2012. Heck, I’ve been drawn for Hagerman 3 times during this. [emoji23]

So right after I called, I called back using my personal phone. Went to voice mail again. Hung up and dialed using my buddies phone. Lo and behold, the picked up. Must got me confused with Larry. I never pizzed any of them good folks off.

[emoji23]

Confused with Larry! Now that is funny! (sorry Larry)

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post

[emoji23]

But 3 times at Hagerman is legit!

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                            Confused with Larry! Now that is funny! (sorry Larry)

I don’t mind being poked fun at. Sometimes you gotta laugh in the face of blatant bs. There’s no other reasoning for having never been drawn with the odds we’re talking about. It’s not the TPWD hunt of a lifetime. It’s freaking Grapevine! No telling how many permits never get picked up, get picked up and get used once, get picked up and not used at all. I just want someone to sprout some nuts and email or call me to say “sorry dude, we literally draw your name, say haha...nah...toss your entry out and draw another.” It would actually make me feel a lot better just to hear the truth about it.

Comment

Originally posted by TrophyClubHntr View Post
                              Got drawn! I will be out there regularly. I live less than a mile away from the Corp land
                              Moved to Trophy Club last September and missed the draw. So I put in this year and got drawn. Wow I cant believe I got lucky enough to be able to hunt in my backyard. TrophyClubHntr lets get together this season!

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                                I don’t mind being poked fun at. Sometimes you gotta laugh in the face of blatant bs. There’s no other reasoning for having never been drawn with the odds we’re talking about. It’s not the TPWD hunt of a lifetime. It’s freaking Grapevine! No telling how many permits never get picked up, get picked up and get used once, get picked up and not used at all. I just want someone to sprout some nuts and email or call me to say “sorry dude, we literally draw your name, say haha...nah...toss your entry out and draw another.” It would actually make me feel a lot better just to hear the truth about it.
                                Been away for a while and I come back to see nothing has changed. Sorry to see you got shafted again Larry (and a few of y’all others). Anything is possible though...unfortunately for my wallet I had the roulette wheel hit red 14 spins in a row. Hope you have been well otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X