Weekend Project!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Project!

I have been trying to find a swing for my daughter for the last couple weeks. She doesn't act like a girly-girl. All of the ones I have found were an ugly princess pink color and were blow molded plastic and looked like they might belong at the trailer park. While whining about how hideous they were I decided I could probably make a nicer swing for about the same money. Well I was wrong. I am very happy with the end product but I probably spent almost $60.00 in material and have somewhere around 10 man hours in it. I'm sure the wife will point out that I blew the budget but right now she thinks it's pretty cool.

Baby girl was terrified when we first put her in it but came around pretty quickly. What do you guys think about the project?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Very nice. Great work.

Comment

What Daddys will do for their daughters....

Nice work. And I'm sure she'll grow to love it!

Comment

Glad to see someone who knows what they're doing. Looks great. If I would be made it my daughter would've been hanging upside down holding on for dear life.

Comment

Looks good. I did something similar for step stools for the kids bathroom. All the ones we found were cheap and flimsy looking. Ended up making matching set for about $100...had to buy a couple tools

Comment

Nice job. Worth every minute you put into it.

Comment

Looks nice to me. It should still be in good shape for grandkids too. New ropes.

Comment

Very nice job!

Comment

Well worth the time and money, bet you could sell those

Comment

Nice swing

Comment

I made a rocker once years ago. It ain’t as easy as it looks. You did good !

Comment

Looks great!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                          Well worth the time and money, bet you could sell those

I'd go broke in a hurry. With the time I put into it; it would have to sale for $250.00 to make it worth it. I'd probably get quicker but it would still be expensive.

Comment

Looks great and your daughter is a cutie pie! Well done Dad.

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X