No announcement yet.

Ford F-250 New vs. Used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will probably never buy another new vehicle. Let someone else eat the depreciation.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
      I will probably never buy another new vehicle. Let someone else eat the depreciation.
      I lean this way with gas vehicles.
      Buying today’s diesels scares me though.

Comment

I just bought a new F-350 for not much more than some of the used ones on the lot.

They are making deals on the new ones.

Comment

There’s 3 reasons you see used 17-19 year model super dutys with low miles for sale...
          (1) rich guy does a trade in every 1-2 years because he has money
          (2) broke guy traded it in because he’s broke
          (3) DEATH WOBBLE

Comment

Originally posted by Avid Hunter View Post
            I was in your boat a month ago. Decided to go slightly used and am fine with that decision. Found a 2017 F250 King Ranch with 42k miles. Already had a leveling kit, wheels/brand new 35s, and K&N air Filter. Looks brand new. Paid a little over $50k for it.
            Not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
              I bought a gently used 2019 F350 CC SRW LWB 4x4 Lariat w/19K miles in September & saved $20K off the original $74K sticker price. Extremely happy with it.
              This is also what I'm talking about too.

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
                Keep in mind the death wobble issue. Supposedly it was fixed with the ‘20’s. I would buy new if you can swing it!
                I’ve got a 17, never had a death wobble. I did put new shocks and dual steering stabilizer on with Cooper ST Maxx 275/70/18 and a Readylift leveling kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy1123 View Post
                  There’s 3 reasons you see used 17-19 year model super dutys with low miles for sale...
                  (1) rich guy does a trade in every 1-2 years because he has money
                  (2) broke guy traded it in because he’s broke
                  (3) DEATH WOBBLE
                  I traded in a 19 F250 with 33k miles because of the zero interest they were offering. I went to a KR f150 and saved $6k over the life of the loan over the F250. New truck, more warranty, $300 less per month and $6k overall savings was a no brained for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkfisher View Post
                    I traded in a 19 F250 with 33k miles because of the zero interest they were offering. I went to a KR f150 and saved $6k over the life of the loan over the F250. New truck, more warranty, $300 less per month and $6k overall savings was a no brained for me.
                    That is a no brainer if a diesel isn’t needed. Great deal 👍🏼

Comment

I’m not sure I’d trust a used F-250. I bought a 2001 Lariat in 2003 with 78K miles on it. After only 17 years and 350K miles, I’m starting to look around again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                        I lean this way with gas vehicles.
                        Buying today’s diesels scares me though.
                        I am the same , on a diesel, any type of repair is just crazy money to fix , super complex engines, I have my eye on a new gas 7.3 with a 10 speed transmission
                        Any diesel out of warranty or closer to end of warranty you are just running on borrowed time And huge maintenance cost
                        Mine had chronic death wobble and air conditioner problems
                        The Final a/c repair was very expensive and lengthy repair
                        Sold it and went gas and am very happy ( but I don’t hot shot , rodeo, or tow a huge Trailer)

Comment

Bought my 15 with 70k on it and at 3 years old paid a little over half sticker price. About 10-12k miles later got rid of some weight and have been problem free for almost 20k miles.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

My problem is that I tow stuff, so I don't want to leave diesel for gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                              My problem is that I tow stuff, so I don't want to leave diesel for gas.
                              For regularly towing heavy , diesel is king

But $9000 extra up front and then needing a $8000-$10000 repair account ( just Incase) and then with EPA cracking down on emissions on deleting
                              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 07-03-2020, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                                For regularly towing heavy , diesel is king

But $9000 extra up front and then needing a $8000-$10000 repair account ( just Incase) and then with EPA cracking down on emissions on deleting
                                Now you’re thinking “worse case scenario” and that’s no way to live life

Comment

Working...
                                X