No announcement yet.

Grandparent Nicknames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been papa, for a while now. No changing it.

Comment

Congratulations!!! I can't wait till I'm a grandpa and wouldn't mine what they want to call me! This topic brought a smile to my face!

Comment

My little guy couldn’t pronounce Pappaw, called him Apple.

Comment

So my grandparents on one side was just grandpa, and grandma... No story

The other side however...

My grandmother was an English teacher, and she wanted something interesting. So she went with Honey, her husband was SUPPOSED to be Grandad, buuut as oldest grandkid, I toddled down the church isle while he was preaching and couldn't say grandad.. came out doodah... Well that stuck... And it was Honey and Doodah from then on

My parents picked, mom is LOLO cause she is in denial about being a grandmother haha, and mom picked dad's name to be captain (he sails)

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
            Ny neighbor is Grumps and his wife is Toots
            I like this

Comment

Diddy and LaLa. Daughter and grandkids pick.

Comment

Both my parents have deep German roots. So its Oma and Opa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was super excited when I found out Travis was going to be a daddy....until I realized that meant I was going to be a "g-parent". It took me two years to say "granddaughter"

When I figured out that "g" word was needing a name, I got online and went to a site that had old-fashioned, traditional and progressive g-names.

I skipped right over old-fashioned and traditional and went straight to progressive. I went up and down the list and decided on Mia....and it stuck, thank goodness

Comment

I'm Baw Baw and wife is Mammaw.

Comment

I'm pop pop and my wife is, get this,...Bama. Yep, sounds just like Obama without the O. So everytime my granddaughter is over I say " go ask O' Bama for some candy. My wife'll scream, "STOP TELLING HER TO SAY THAT!" I love it!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

They call us
                        Nana
                        Naner
                        Nana Banana

Pops
                        Poops
                        Popsycle

Comment

Grandparent Nicknames

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                          We picked all the names for the grand parents, except for my mom. She insisted that she be Gigi (gee-gee).

My dad was PawPaw, my stepmom is Grannie, Tina's mom is Grandma, Tina's grandma is Great Grandma. Luckily, Konnor is the only grandkid for all except my mom, so there wasn't any debate when we gave them their names.

I think you should go by your middle name ... T e r d!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We are Mimi and Pops.

Comment

My in-laws are Lolli and Pops. Alot of the time it's Lolli and Mop.

Comment

Im pawpaw, didn't even have a say in it and my wife is thita which means grandma in Lebanese. She's half Lebanese

Comment

Working...
                                X