No announcement yet.

NFL games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big issue is that we go to sports to enjoy time away from the politics and issues of the day. It is a time for recouping, but that is no longer the situation.

Comment

Lol, horse crap

Comment

Nope

Comment

I'm done with them if they do.

Comment

What happens if a white guy kneels for it?

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
              What happens if a white guy kneels for it?
              He'll be a racist!

Comment

Oh, there is still football? Actually, most of those overpaid "football" players are nothing more than a bunch of political hacks in my opinion. By golly, let one of them express their opinion and everybody is on board, but let Drew Brees say something and he is a racist and he finally bends to their BS.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                  You are incorrect with your “Respected, doubt that but thanks” portion above. I have been on here a long time and I would be one of the first to jump on that you are a respected member here. I have never met you but I know well enough that you and I would get along just fine.
                  Agree - I tend to pay attention to what he says.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                    Agree - I tend to pay attention to what he says.
                    I don’t. Maybe it’s because I don’t translate gibberish very well.

Comment

My whole take on it is this....We as Americans have one National Anthem period....it is for our country and everyone that lives in it wether your black, white, hispanic, ect. Why should we play the black anthem? There is no white anthem? If there was that would be racist... It's all a crock of BS....

Comment

I’m not watching the oppressed millionaires play a game while people cheer them on and then beg for their signatures. Then they leave the billion dollar tax payer funded stadium and get in their 100k plus cars and drive to their million dollar homes.

Comment

There are 1696 NFL players, of which 70% are black - around 1200 players. At the height of what some describe as anthem protests, there were about 50 players kneeling - less than 3% of all NFL players. In 2019, there were only 3 players kneeling.

This would have long since died had it not been for the infusion of politics. Not by the players or the NFL, but by the liberal media and their politics of division.

I'll be d***** if I'll let the crazy left manipulate me into passing judgment on an entire organization and its employees such that I quit watching something I truly enjoy. Especially when it is based on the actions of such a very few.

I'm not suggesting others are. That is just my take and why I'll still be watching NFL games when I can. IMO, there is no politics involved unless I let it in.

Comment

NFL games

Money [emoji385] . That’s what this is about. These players are their product and they are trying to keep the product happy. The risk is that they lose the consumer in the process. I’m sure they have crunched the numbers on this and war gamed it. It is pandering, but people need sports right now, the players were in a tizzy over what’s going on(remember these are 20 something kids were talking about) so they throw them a bone and now let’s go play these games so we can make this money. Plus, who watches the pregame anyway? Life is too good, and we are too blessed to get riled up over a song that the players wanted to hear, for ONE game. Literally....a song. There’s nothing bad in it. BTW I guess I’m an old fart now because I think EVERYONE under the age of 30 has lost their minds. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Rcole1310; 07-05-2020, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
                              There are 1696 NFL players, of which 70% are black - around 1200 players. At the height of what some describe as anthem protests, there were about 50 players kneeling - less than 3% of all NFL players. In 2019, there were only 3 players kneeling.

This would have long since died had it not been for the infusion of politics. Not by the players or the NFL, but by the liberal media and their politics of division.

I'll be d***** if I'll let the crazy left manipulate me into passing judgment on an entire organization and its employees such that I quit watching something I truly enjoy. Especially when it is based on the actions of such a very few.

I'm not suggesting others are. That is just my take and why I'll still be watching NFL games when I can. IMO, there is no politics involved unless I let it in.
                              So if I owned a company with 1600 employees and 3% were convicted child molesters, would you still shop there?

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post

I could see that argument when this all started. You had a few players kneeling and the NFL not knowing how to react. The league is now involved and helping promote. Same as letting Costas go anti-gun during half time. The promotion seems small if this is only one game, but they have taken a stand. Like mentioned above I'm sure they ran the numbers dozens of ways and came up with this solution as the most cost effective. The NBA has taken it to a exponentially higher level and I'm sure they ran the same numbers but with a different fan base.

My neighbor has the same view as you. He just turns the game on after kickoff to avoid seeing something he doesn't like.

Comment

Working...
                                X