"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolfinman View Post
    Is this public hunting land or is this public ranging land? Went toward the main lake from gate 7 today and where there is usually hip to shoulder high grass it looks like a plague of locus has gone through! No hogs, no deer, to be seen. You would think that they had mowed everywhere even under the trees. First I smelled them, then I heard and saw them! Watch where you aim if you get a lucky shoot at hog because there is a train load of cows on the loose out there.

They lease out the land for running cattle, so yes, it’s “ranging” land also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When does cow season open?

Comment

No joke I saw a couple strange colored donkeys running with the cows out there, almost palamino/stripey. I dang near convinced myself they were exotics, but chickened out on stalking them at the last second.

Comment

Just got my longbow back from having a horn tip repaired/replaced. Bow shoots lights out. Waiting for some arrows that were given to me. Leopard wood, mahogany and Red Balau, some seriously heavy shafts. Pushing 190 grain VPA or Grizzly Instinct heads they will be about 880 grains. Granger hogs “Be Afraid, Very Afraid” !!!

Comment

You could probably fill a pick-up bed with the stuff dropped at Granger; knives, arrows, binos, quivers, hatchets, packs, hats, etc...

Comment

Looking forward to chasing some tree rats come July. Its been too long since I've almost stepped on a water moccasin. Hopefully will have the bow back in business around that time as well so I can continue developing my stalking skills on some hogs. Seen them every time I've been, but only after they spook. One day I will get the drop on them.

Comment

Anybody drop a pig out there as of late?
                Thinking about going soon just to be in the woods.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Went out yesterday and didn't see anything, only velvet bucks and a coyote.

Comment

Thanks Work schedule doesn’t currently allow adequate time to get to Granger. Darn money addiction. Need try out Paracord String Silencers and Leopard Wood arrows pushing 190 grain VPA heads.
                    Last edited by Wudstix; 07-02-2020, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Velvet Bucks

Just came back from another scouting adventure at granger, all I can say is DAM its HOT... Finally found good hog signs but I was more impressed with the 3 velvet buck I walked up to 18 yrds away..

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020521.1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	24621905

Comment

Originally posted by DHOutdoorsman View Post
                        Just came back from another scouting adventure at granger, all I can say is DAM its HOT... Finally found good hog signs but I was more impressed with the 3 velvet buck I walked up to 18 yrds away..

[ATTACH]1009710[/ATTACH]

Very nice buck

Comment

Nice buck. Wondering if chiggers are very bad. Grass was tall last visit and I am getting bit in my "in town" back yard lately which is not usually a concern. I hate em!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DHOutdoorsman View Post

[ATTACH]1009710[/ATTACH]
                            Fake news! There are no deer at Granger.

Comment

He's not legal

Comment

I went out to Gate 7 last Saturday and saw 5 does and 2 fawns, they were bedded down fairly close to the parking lot and were very curious and not worried about me in the slightest lol. I didn’t see many hog signs, but I also didn’t go too far (I got caught up gar fishing)

Comment

Working...
                                X