Which Exotics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Exotics?

If you had 30 acres under a high fence that you were going to live on would you put animals in there? If so which ones would you want wondering around your yard? The property is your home, not a hunting property.

Fallow, Axis and Blackbuck

Comment

Blackbuck

Comment

Dancers!

Comment

Bb for sure, others might be too aggressive during the rut. I will probably end up buying a buck or two and a few does for my place.

Comment

I know a good member here that will take care of you with whatever species you decide to go with!

Comment

Blackbuck Red deer !!

Comment

Are scymitar oryx

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                  Blackbuck Red deer !!
                  Red deer will tear everything up especially that size of property unless you just go with some Hinds.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                    If you had 30 acres under a high fence that you were going to live on would you put animals in there? If so which ones would you want wondering around your yard? The property is your home, not a hunting property.
                    No mater what you pick it will turn into a hunting place after a couple years when you have way more animals than you ever expected, and an extremely high feed bill. So put something in there that taste good or you want to shoot one day is my opinion.

Comment

African lions j/p
                      Couple pot bellies, a llama or 2, and some black buck.

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                        No mater what you pick it will turn into a hunting place after a couple years when you have way more animals than you ever expected, and an extremely high feed bill. So put something in there that taste good or you want to shoot one day is my opinion.
                        I kind of expected this. Either we shoot a couple for freezer meat, or catch and sell some. I didn't realize red deer were destructive. This will be Southeast Texas, 1/2 heavily wooded 1/2 mostly open with large trees remaining.

Comment

Only the ones that taste really good.

Comment

I have fallow and red sheep. Also Texas Dall and Corsican. Sheep are in separate pins. Love that fallow. Also I have some fallow for sale.

Comment

I'd put some kind of super exotic that I could raise and sell to make some $

Comment

Working...
                              X