No announcement yet.

Tennis elbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I can't stop what I'm doing, hurts worst when I'm asleep. Usually any time I'm picking up a beer can or something, grip related. I did a lot of shovel work a few weeks ago, hurts crazy starting but warms up quickly and gets less severe the more I work it. This doesn't strike me as an urgent thing so I'll give the bands a couple months and see how it goes. For $12 I'm good with that lol. I'll update the thread and let y'all know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
      Dealing with this now. Sucks getting old.

Same boat. Second round. I know what I did this time. I tried to pick up a bundle of rebar scraps from trailer straight up. Nothing first day but now even when sleeping it starts the pain.

I will also look into the bands and other things. I work manual construction daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
        Dealing with this now. Sucks getting old.

That ain’t no lie, I’ll battle this crap on and off all year. Usually takes me 8-12 weeks of ice rest and ibu to get rid of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I dealt with a similar issues for several years a while back. Tried the elbow wrap for about a year or so. Finally went to a well respected sports chiropractor and he was honest, stating that he didn’t think he could fix it. I gave him the go ahead to try, danged that was a rough morning, hurt like heck. At least I could move it when I walked out on my way to get an x-ray. Sure enough, x-ray revealed significant calcification of the Bursa Sac. Ended up at the Ortho Doc. After unsuccessful PT, he gave me 3 choices.1) do nothing and live like a crippled. 2) quit doing what really flares it up or 3) pay him to fix it. I choose #2, sold both of my kayaks and have lived practically elbow pain free for the most part for probably at least the last 10 years. (Never no direct injury that I could relate back to, just near 23 years working on very large”lots of iron”compressors and engines, Just saying……..cC

Comment

Do you fish a lot? I have really bad tennis elbow and I feel like its from fishing. I have one of those ace deals that Smart was talking about, it works but I don't fish in it. You should really go get it looked at. My problem is lots of nerve issues and numbness after 3/4 days of wade fishing. I'm going to go get it looked at after the summer.

good luck.

Comment

I fish a lot when the fishin's good so haven't really started yet, probably haven't really fished since October or September. That's the confusing thing for me right now, hadn't really been doing anything specific that I could quit to stop aggravating it, it kinda set in while nothing's going on. I haven't really lifted any weights for a year or so at least and only sporadic previously. I do load and unload the truck quite a bit, lumber and such recently. Reaching over the truck bed to pick stuff out is a mother, but I started being really careful about doing that a few months ago and nothing's really changed.

Comment

I had some pretty good elbow pain and doing finger extensions with a rubber band around your hand and sleeping with the arms extended seemed to help.

Comment

I'm starting the think that mine was caused by repetitive motion of swiping up on my cellphone.

Comment

Go to Airrosti and have them work on it and they’ll also give you some exercises to help prevent it from coming back. Their goal is to have you pain free in three visits I think.

We don't manage your pain - we fix it. Learn about our effective alternatives to surgery, pain management, & long-term chiropractic programs.

Comment

Pressure ban

Comment

Is the pain on the inside of the elbow, or outside? In the last few years, I've had the common extensor tendon surgically repaired in both elbows.

No injuries, the right one just started hurting. Bad. Bumping the outside of the elbow against a doorway would send me to my knees. Dealt with it for over a year, and even did a shot along the way. PCM finally ordered an MRI and we found a 7mm tear in the common extensor tendon. Surgery reattached the tendon to an anchor drilled into the bone. Fairly lengthy recovery but probably recovered to about 80% original strength, and no pain.

During my recovery, the right one started hurting. Knew exactly what it was and went right to the MRI. Yup, another tear. Another surgery.

Get the MRI. Best of luck, sir.

Comment

I've been dealing with this since last fall after getting bucked off and drug by a mule in Idaho (actually broke my elbow too, but that's another issue).

I quit lifting weights, and started wearing the arm bands. Went to a sports ortho here in Houston....no real good options except platelet rich plasma injections. I discussed with my brother who is an ortho in Alabama, and he said they do work, but are super painful and super expensive. I decided to wait.

The pain persisted, and I eventually started lifting again anyway. Surprisingly, the pain started to subside. I'm still lifting with minimal pain, though I try to be cognizant of exercises that might trigger it.

Good luck.

Chris

Comment

JES is on the right track.

I get this from time to time. It’s an over use injury. Search YouTube for a good PT exercise. Here’s two that will help really quickly.

1-3 pound dumbbells, reverse curl, 3 sets of 20, 2x daily. Not trying to build muscle, just trying to get through the sets.

Most important one. Buy a “ the stick”, gently roll from wrist to as far as you can to the ball joint, 15x, 3 sets, 2x daily. Do both sides of your arm.

Comment

I'll look into that, Saint.

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                              Is the pain on the inside of the elbow, or outside? In the last few years, I've had the common extensor tendon surgically repaired in both elbows.

No injuries, the right one just started hurting. Bad. Bumping the outside of the elbow against a doorway would send me to my knees. Dealt with it for over a year, and even did a shot along the way. PCM finally ordered an MRI and we found a 7mm tear in the common extensor tendon. Surgery reattached the tendon to an anchor drilled into the bone. Fairly lengthy recovery but probably recovered to about 80% original strength, and no pain.

During my recovery, the right one started hurting. Knew exactly what it was and went right to the MRI. Yup, another tear. Another surgery.

Get the MRI. Best of luck, sir.
                              Outside, smack dab in that extensor bundle.

Comment

Google voodoo flossing for tennis elbow. It is essentially just a heavy rubber band you wrap super tight around your elbow for a minute or two. There are videos on youtube. You can buy similar bands on amazon for very cheap. It is a miracle cure for me. It didn't just relieve my symptoms, it fixed it entirely. It was a real problem for me and now i havent experienced it in years.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X