The Modern Way To Steal A Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Modern Way To Steal A Car

Hack into it's key fob and the car is burning gas in the Sudan 14 days later. Just bought faraday bags.

Tried a couple of different faraday brands with the key fob for the 2016 Ram we bought for our daughter a while back. Neither one worked, truck would still start.

Bit the bullet and had a Ravelco installed on it. Definitely pricey but not much more than the deductible plus we ended up with somewhat of a discount on insurance so it'll pay for itself eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
      Tried a couple of different faraday brands with the key fob for the 2016 Ram we bought for our daughter a while back. Neither one worked, truck would still start.

Bit the bullet and had a Ravelco installed on it. Definitely pricey but not much more than the deductible plus we ended up with somewhat of a discount on insurance so it'll pay for itself eventually.
      Just called them. Thanks......................

Comment

Just don’t buy a high dollar look-at-me car and let the insurance take care of the rest.

Comment

I had ravelco installed last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
            Just called them. Thanks......................
            You bet.

Comment

Hellcats have the same issue. Crazy how many are stolen. The car is also incredibly easy to steal. Luckily mine was parked in the garage.

You might check, because there are workarounds to the bags. A good criminal already has the programmer, and your car will be stolen regardless of where you store the key.

Comment

I keep saying I am going to get the Ravelco...I need to just bite the bullet. Especially since my new jeep has the keyless pushbutton start.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  I keep saying I am going to get the Ravelco...I need to just bite the bullet. Especially since my new jeep has the keyless pushbutton start.
                  The cost is what kept me from doing it for a bit but as I mentioned, it's not all that more expensive than the deductible. We've also added some things to the truck, plus there's a lift and power steps going on it next Thursday so it would cost us more to replace the vehicle than to have a Ravelco installed.

Factor in the way the vehicle market is currently inflated and it became an easy choice.

Comment

For you Ravelco guys, does it work well on old vehicles. When the old truck (1978) is on the road I worry because they are so easy to hotwire and insurance values are tough on them.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                      For you Ravelco guys, does it work well on old vehicles. When the old truck (1978) is on the road I worry because they are so easy to hotwire and insurance values are tough on them.
                      Pop off the distributor wire

Comment

I'm sure it'll work. I'll PM you the number to call

Comment

Had them on an 81 & 84 bronco...pretty sure it was ravelco if it's the ones with all the pins.

Comment

i had a similar chip system on a Z71 about 20 years ago. it was on it when i bought it. and unfortunately i just left it plugged in and used my key like normal.

for the last 20 years i have been driving F250's which are supposed to be easy to break into through the doors locks. i have been lucky thus far.

i know it won't stop breaking glass and getting in but just curious if it is worth the effort. most of the stories i hear are them popping the lock.

don't they make some kind of F250 door lock protector that prevents break ins?

Comment

Anyone know who installs Ravleco's in the Houston area?

Comment

Working...
                              X