X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang man I’m sorry to hear that.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      I drove through there in April going to Minnesota. It seemed like the flattest, most barren land in my travels. Absolutely nothing there. It didn't look like that pic because everything was brown.

I never thought I'd ever consider leaving Texas but if it turns blue and gets crazy gun laws I'm out. If I gotta deal with cold and snow I gotta have mountains to ride though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      Driving straight up I-35 thru Iowa you don't see much other than corn fields and soybean fields. You don't see the beautiful parts of the state from I-35. That is kinda like driving from Lubbock to Rankin and thinking all of Texas looks like that.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
        I took my wife to the farm in 2019. It was -29 and she wasn’t happy. Now that she passed away from cancer my family is trying to get me to move up there. I went up in April to place some ashes overlooking the farm, trip in June, October for pheasant and December for deer.

I love the solitude and farm land.
        More condolences for your wife. I kept up with your posts about her cancer. That was very sad. Please come by and visit next time you are up here. You are welcome here anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
          Easy there horn tooter. 5yrs from now don’t come posting about your new RV and how you’re going to be wintering on the Texas coast with half the other people in Iowa.
          I was not intending to "toot my horn" although I am proud of what my wife and I have accomplished since buying this farm in 2010. I will live out my life on this hill side and have my ashes scattered around the property.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you need an Iowa land for sale thread. Anytime something comes up, make a post and let us know.

Comment

You did good!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                We moved from DFW (Arlington) after living there my entire life (I was 64 when we moved). There were several reasons we moved to Iowa, but the graph below is the main reason.

1. We owned a 64 acre farm here.
                2. My wife has family here.
                3. We were tired of the ridiculous amount of our life spent sitting in traffic.
                4. We were tired of the heat.
                5. We were tired of and wary of all the crime and craziness.
                6. We wanted a more self sustainable lifestyle.
                7. The deer hunting ain't too bad either.[emoji106]

We lived right in the middle of that blue dot. Yikes !!!

We feel blessed that we got moved and our new home built before this craziness hit.

"The Dallas–Fort Worth–Arlington metropolitan statistical area's population is 7,573,136 according to the U.S. Census Bureau's 2019 population estimates, making it the most populous metropolitan area in both Texas and the Southern United States and the fourth-largest in the U.S".

By the way. I have seen one car today and it was the mail lady.

We were in similar situation. Especially #4. Geez lou-eez #4. I knew that I was going to do everything in my power to leave Texas in August 2018 when it was 114 degrees in Tyler. We only own 10 acres but I have several million I can hunt on within an hour of my house.

Comment

I’d love to hunt Iowa WT one day

Comment

Congratulations on your beautiful place! I love our Texas heat though- it weeds out the Sissy’s ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                      I was not intending to "toot my horn" although I am proud of what my wife and I have accomplished since buying this farm in 2010. I will live out my life on this hill side and have my ashes scattered around the property.

No worries, just messin with ya. I’m happy for you, followed several of your threads in the past. From what I’ve seen, a visit would be nice, but you don’t have to worry about me being your neighbor. I’ll take 105* over -5* everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                        I ordered biscuits and gravy in Iowa one time and they came out with brown gravy! **** Iowa!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Gtfo! Amazing

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                          Beautiful place you got there. Once my daughter graduates high school I am heading west out near Junction.
                          I too have contemplated this.I have 5 years left working in Austin and I will be out of here ASAP.

Comment

Congratulations, good for you!

Comment

Every dern one of them good reasons.

The second set of 8 just caps it off and what the governor said is just icing on your cake.
                              Born and raised in Texas. Many times I entertained the idea of moving "a bit" North. I was thinking Arkansas or Missouri.
                              Never did pan out so I supposed I'll die a Texan.

Hope you'll really enjoy the new lifestyle!!!!

Comment

I have been to the red roofed house on the hillside, and let me tell you brothers and sisters, it is legit!! Garden out back, surrounded by corn, soybeans and nothing. Quiet enough to speak in conversational levels standing by the road or anywhere else outside. And it is all guarded by a pack of overly indifferent yet incredibly protective cats. What more could anyone need?!

I cant wait to draw my tag and sit in a tree somewhere northeast of Dallas and soak it all in!

Comment

Working...
                                X