No announcement yet.

Living around Mineral Wells???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay west of Weatherford. The traffic is horrible. I have been here 20 years and it is part of the metromess.

Arrow-Tek, my younger son goes to Peaster. My older son graduated from there last year. It is a great school, but they are messing it up by pushing football.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
      You are missing the diamond in the rough - come to Graham - so much better than Jacksboro or Mineral Wells (in my opinion)
      Going to be that far out might as well throw Stephenville in the mix

Comment

We live west of Weatherford between there and Mineral Wells. Actually Millsap ISD taxes. We love the area. We shop in both MW and Weatherford. Traffic in Weatherford and on 20 to just past main can be bad at times. Peaster is a nice area also.

Comment

Ive been living in the MW area for the past 27 years. It is a great place to live. Palo Pinto County taxes as much better than towards the Metroplex. MW is in the just starting to boom, lots of downtown projects in the works. If you head out this way shoot me a message and I'd be happy to show you around.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow-Tek View Post
            This^^^! Peaster is the place to be and the school is awesome! Still close enough to FW for the wife.

Peaster area is exploding and property taxes are going to be raised I’m afraid on the tax referendum this month. There a lot of new developments popping up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
              Stay west of Weatherford. The traffic is horrible. I have been here 20 years and it is part of the metromess.

Arrow-Tek, my younger son goes to Peaster. My older son graduated from there last year. It is a great school, but they are messing it up by pushing football.
              Interesting. Are the kids into other sports instead?

Comment

I would pick Stephenville, Lipan, Brock, Granbury, Tolar, Graham, or Morgan Mill before I would live in Mineral Wells or Jacksborro. Go spend time in the local Walmarts before you choose a town.

Comment

If schools are important, you need to look at Brock, Aledo or Peaster.

Mineral Wells and Jacksboro are way to far to make frequent trips to Ft Worth, especially with traffic.

Unfortunately, anywhere you move near Ft Worth right now will be way overpriced on housing or land.

Comment

Originally posted by hunt247 View Post
                    I would pick Stephenville, Lipan, Brock, Granbury, Tolar, Graham, or Morgan Mill before I would live in Mineral Wells or Jacksborro. Go spend time in the local Walmarts before you choose a town.

Please... wife and I were born and raised in Stephenville/Dublin and have lived South of Mineral Wells for the past 11 years. There is no difference other than waaay more to do here if you like the outdoors. 3 lakes, 2 state parks, Brazos river etc. Stephenville only has crappy lake Proctor and it's 30 minutes away.
                    Last edited by CitiotsGoHome; 04-22-2021, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Look at Peaster/Brock/Aledo if you want to live outside of town but still 6' from your neighbors in a subdivision.

Comment

Originally posted by CitiotsGoHome View Post
                        Look at Peaster/Brock/Aledo if you want to live outside of town but still 6' from your neighbors in a subdivision.
                        When did Mineral Wells get rid of their subdivisions?

Comment

Originally posted by TxTechBowhunter View Post
                          When did Mineral Wells get rid of their subdivisions?

That's all those 3 little towns are. New houses everywhere, signs going up daily with lame a** names like "Oak Crest", "Bella Rosa". They have probably put up 3 signs since this thread started advertising new ones.

From the 400's!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                            Going to be that far out might as well throw Stephenville in the mix
                            If you like college kids moving in next to you in a rent house and partying ..... Go ahead. Then you can move to the country and they develop the property beside you for apartments with an arena and horse stalls or a RV park with some type of arena and horse stalls for all of the college kids who rodeo. The only growth in Stephenville is apartments, Tarleton, traffic and fast food restaurants.

Comment

It always cracks me up when people move somewhere because they think it's awesome, then whine, *****, and moan, about other people wanting to move there.

Comment

Originally posted by CitiotsGoHome View Post
                                That's all those 3 little towns are. New houses everywhere, signs going up daily with lame a** names like "Oak Crest", "Bella Rosa". They have probably put up 3 signs since this thread started advertising new ones.

From the 400's!
                                Hahah, this one was pretty funny. Bitter, but funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X