Camo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camo

Whats your camo game? Do you just stick with what's on clearance, or do you like to go a little fancier? Have you found a camo that seems to work better or worse than the rest for your area?

Dark colored jeans, blue, brown, green. Plaid in various colors coat. I'm a pretty complicated person.

Comment

As far as camo goes, it has never made a big impact on the amount of deer I've killed. Shot plenty of big deer from the ground in blue jeans and a green hoodie. But as I've gotten older and had a little more jingle in my pocket, I tend to search out the best quality gear, Lighter, easily packable, etc. My uncle who has traveled around the world chasing game wears Kuiu and it has quickly became my favorite as well. Their Valo pattern seems to be the most versatile to the terrain I hunt across Texas, and was a good fit for my Missouri turkey hunt last season. It's not cheap, but its quality stuff.

Comment

In a blind just a black shirt and whatever pants get grabbed. For ducks I like the old blotchy "duck" camo, or natural gear. Honestly being still is more important than camo though. I lean to patterns with less green, that's just a preference based on where I hunt.

Comment

Clearance rack for me

Comment

Natural gear

Comment

Natural Gear

Comment

Whatever pants I don’t mind getting bloody and a black long sleeve shirt or hoody with a black cap. But I’m mostly hunting from blinds these days.

If I do hunt a brush blind its usually academy type camo. Staying still and being brushed in well to conceal movement is more important IMO. It also doesn’t get cold enough in my area to need better quality cold gear. If I was hunting in extreme cold I’d fork over the money for better camo/cold gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Passafist View Post
                  Clearance rack for me
                  Yes sir. Here as well

Comment

Black t shirts in the blind

Comment

Sitka subalpine.
                      Kuiu verde 2.0
                      Kuiu Valo
                      Or solids. Usually have solid color pants on. I prefer the higher end gear as it’s far better to hunt in as far as comfort and toughness.

Comment

Camo patterns I’m not as concerned with as long as it does not look stupid but I am a believer in quality technical gear. Big fan of Kuiu, First lite and now using Vuni gear and am impressed with the fit and quality of it plus the camo pattern is very unique.

Comment

I normally don’t worry about camp, because if they can see what I’m wearing, they can see the truck too lol. I kid, kind of…

I’ve been buying more Badlands stuff lately. Been pretty happy with them so far

Comment

I killed my biggest buck in bluejeans and a grey fleece pullover sitting under a cedar tree. I did have a camo hat on. I do like the gore-tex fleece from cabelas for cold weather and have looked at the Kuiu performance gear but have not pulled the trigger.

Comment

Clearance Rack or just dark colors when in a blind

Comment

Working...
                              X