Dream to Reality III: Salt Creek Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dream to Reality III: Salt Creek Ranch

After much thought I decided to sell my Hughes county ranch a couple months ago. https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...3#post15140383 With land prices climbing and my daughter attending OSU I thought it would be a great time to move. With the help of Darton he listed South Fork and it was immediately sold! Now I had to find a new property which I’m picky, so I knew it wouldn’t be quick. I’m a full time rancher and I really wanted a property that I could run cows on plus be able to hunt. Also being closer to OSU was a bonus. I also wanted to have the option to be able to expand the acreage size as well.

After looking at numerous properties I finally landed on a property in Seminole county. The property is North of Ada Oklahoma. I finally closed on it first of May before the interest rates started climbing. The property is 380 acres consisting of 200 acres that is fenced and crossed fenced so I can run about 50 cows on it. Within the 200 acres I can hunt numerous spots. The other 180 acres is solid timber consisting of a very nice creek bottom and rolling hardwood terrain. There is a 2400 Sq ft 3 bedroom 2 bath house on the property that we just finished adding a 400 Sq ft room on to. Also has a nice shop, pipe corrals and several out buildings. 8 ponds exist on the property and the fishing is great! I have alot of pictures to add because I’m way behind!

Beware I have lots of pictures especially of adding the new room from start to finish! No hunting has been done on the ranch for the last four years so I think it will take a little bit to get them started on the feeding program but I have several nice bucks already!

After 9 truck and trailer loads we had gotten everything moved. It’s a hour apart from both ranches😬
    Attached Files

Congrats! Sounds like a Great place! Darton is the Man for Oklahoma property!

Comment

Congratulations, good luck, and have fun with this new land and chapter of your life.

Comment

That's living right there!!! Congrats.

Comment

Sounds like heaven to me, when we going deer huntin 😁

Comment

Congrats on the new place!

Comment

Tagged...looks great and if it's an upgrade to the other ranch you are living large!

Comment

Its about time you posted this! Couldn't be happier for you and your family! It was a privilege to be a part of it! Looking forward to the journey

Comment

Here are a few more pictures:
                  Attached Files

Comment

Picture of the house and shop
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks everybody for the kind words! I’ll post some more pictures to get us caught update tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
                        Picture of the house and shop

The picture of the house makes it look like it's cut in half.

Very cool place. The more of these threads from a Darton property I see, the more that I'm interested in land in Oklahoma. :-)

Comment

Awesome, congratulations!

Comment

Congrats on an awesome piece of property and location!

Comment

Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
                              The picture of the house makes it look like it's cut in half.

Very cool place. The more of these threads from a Darton property I see, the more that I'm interested in land in Oklahoma. :-)
                              Thanks! Come join us in Oklahoma you’ll love it!!

Comment

Working...
                              X