Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Needy family in search of affordable transmission repair in or around Terrell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needy family in search of affordable transmission repair in or around Terrell.

We have some neighbors down the road from us that have a special needs son with a brain tumor that is wheelchair bound. They have a 2016 Chrysler Town and Country minivan that they've spent a fortune on with the wheelchair lift entry modifications.
    Last week it started shifting hard and has now completely stopped shifting gears at all. The wife limped it to the local Dodge stealership and they are quoting her $8,000 in transmission repairs!! They simply can't afford this at the time.

The van is currently at Platinum Dodge in Terrell.
    Does the green screen have a means to potentially help? I don't really know how to go about this and I just can't understand how the repairs can be this much? I question whether it's really where it needs to be to be honest. Does anyone maybe have any connections in the area?
    The wife is extremely distraught and needs to be able to get their son to his doctor's appointments. The husband works construction out of town during the week in South Texas and medical bills have all but depleted them.
    Again...I don't really know where to start.

Something sounds wrong with that cost of repair.

I'm more than willing to help any way I can, but most likely can only do a monetary contribution as I don't know anyone in that area.

Comment

Get the van out of the Dodge dealership and to a transmission shop to start. Should be literally half the price or less.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
        Get the van out of the Dodge dealership and to a transmission shop to start. Should be literally half the price or less.
        I agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by CBHunter View Post
          Something sounds wrong with that cost of repair.

I'm more than willing to help any way I can, but most likely can only do a monetary contribution as I don't know anyone in that area.
          Thanks man and I agree.
          I concur. I just can't believe the quote. It needs to go somewhere else AT THE VERY LEAST! I'm just wondering if a TBHer has any local transmission shops they can refer.

Comment

I just can't get over how little traffic this post is getting, but people arguing about random meaningless topics goes on for pages in a matter of minutes...

Bumping it up

Comment

Somebody on here surely knows a mom and pop transmission shop in Terrell?
              I am with everyone else it should be less that half that cost. I would think $3,000 or $4,000 would be high!

I am way north of there in Paris and I know I could get it fixed for way less

Comment

I'd start with changing the fluid and filter If possible. Then if nothing changes take it to a shop.

Comment

I would contribute to a fund if there is one.

Comment

I'm in to contribute to repairs if something is put together.

Comment

Try some seafoam trans tune.

Comment

There is a shop in fate I have unused integrity transmission they also offer financing for the repairs if need

Comment

Ryan’s transmission in quinlan has always done me right. His prices have always been fair too.

Comment

Used are $1200 to 2K

Comment

Definitely this

I put a fully built badarse trans that I had to have shipped in into my truck for less than 8 (not much but less)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X