Val Verde County 2022 hunting thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Val Verde County 2022 hunting thread...

I thought I'd get a thread going for 2022. If you're hunting Val Verde County post up some pics from last year and some up and comers or on the hit list for this year. My avatar pic is my 2021 buck. He ain't the biggest I saw, but I saw very few bucks. I did see one good 140"+ but he only gave me a split second look before he spooked. Pigs? I got pigs.

I haven't been out since January due to work and other family things going on. All of my setups will be empty so I need to get out an fill them up. I hope we got some good rain the last few days!

We’re headed to the ranch this weekend. It’s dry. Looks like our ranch got 3” Sunday/Monday, so that would be awesome. Got some things to fix and feeders to fill. We’re covered in pigs so hopefully we thin some out this weekend and maybe whack an Axis or 3. Also need to take out some Aoudad.

My buck I took last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice deer Central! What part of Val Verde are you hunting?

I'm hoping to make it out the third weekend in May. All of my feeders are empty I'm sure, so I don't expect to see any pigs. But, stranger things have happened.

I just wanna get all the hard work done before it turns out to be 110 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
        Nice deer Central! What part of Val Verde are you hunting?

I'm hoping to make it out the third weekend in May. All of my feeders are empty I'm sure, so I don't expect to see any pigs. But, stranger things have happened.

I just wanna get all the hard work done before it turns out to be 110 degrees.

We’re 10 miles west of 277 off Dolan Creek Road just NE of the Del Norte unit of Devils River State Park.

Comment

An up and comer from last year. Dang pigs knocked the camera over and it was laying on the ground when the deer walked by.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Aoudad2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	24682482

Comment

Glad someone started this thread! Looks like we got about 2.5” at our place earlier this week….we sure needed it.

Comment

Like I said. I got pigs.

Name:	09190036.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	24682499

Name:	09180022.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	24682500

Comment

I’ll pull cards this weekend. I expect to see a ton of pigs, axis, and Aoudad. Our whitetail seem to keep in the canyons more during the off-season and we see them less.

Here’s one we got a few trail cam pics of during bow season. He’s got a ton of character for our area. I hope he made it and I can see him again.

Comment

Pray for rain fellas…

Comment

Killed this old 8 first week of December. 6 days hunting and he finally showed himself at the set he would appear on camera from time to time. M

Bow kill from another one of our sets.
                    Just before I released the arrow. I almost didn’t shoot him but having a full body mount done.

We’ve got some good bucks on camera that made it through the season, it’s dry and we hopefully caught some of that rain..looks like we may have.

We went down 2 weeks ago and filled the feeders and got cotton seed out. My GF killed her a Turkey. Looking forward to getting back down and adjusting sets and just being away from everything.

Comment

Nice animals!

Here’s a link to a pretty decent rainfall total website. Just scroll down the map and click on where you’d like to see the total for.

Radar-estimated precipitation accumulation for the past 24 hours to 3 days. High resolution and interactive rainfall data on Google Maps.

Comment

Lucky enough to have a few different places in Val Verde County to hunt.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                          Nice animals!

Here’s a link to a pretty decent rainfall total website. Just scroll down the map and click on where you’d like to see the total for.

https://www.iweathernet.com/total-ra...rs-to-72-hours

Thanks man, nice Axis and big ol Gobbler. Never seen Axis or exotics where we are besides Audoad.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                            I’ll pull cards this weekend. I expect to see a ton of pigs, axis, and Aoudad. Our whitetail seem to keep in the canyons more during the off-season and we see them less.

Here’s one we got a few trail cam pics of during bow season. He’s got a ton of character for our area. I hope he made it and I can see him again.

Great main frame 12 man, hopefully you catch up with him this season.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                              Great main frame 12 man, hopefully you catch up with him this season.

He’s cool. I love the split brows he has, but we only saw him in October and he was at a set I didn’t have a bow setup at (i do now). Not sure if he made it or not. I saw another brute the last weekend of rifle too, but only saw him for about 3 seconds. Hopefully we can get enough water and feed to them to survive and have some good opportunities this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X