DIY Trough Feeder Ideas vs Hand Corn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elhefe View Post
    Here is mine. Coons have been a problem but I’m dealing with them one at a time. Deer have been hammering it
    That looks really good! That sweet feed seems to attract more raccoons than anything else from my experience. I put only rice bran in mine for now.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

You are right. Sweet feed is a bigger attractant for the coons. I’ve been switching to rice bran and just plain old range cubes. It is kinda funny to watch them eat the cubes. Like a big old cigar hanging outta there mouth

Comment

Y'all must not have hogs

Comment

Hence the mention of feed pens……

Comment

Originally posted by elhefe View Post
            You are right. Sweet feed is a bigger attractant for the coons. I’ve been switching to rice bran and just plain old range cubes. It is kinda funny to watch them eat the cubes. Like a big old cigar hanging outta there mouth
            The deer eat the range cubes good?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
              Y'all must not have hogs
              I do, that's why there is a pen around this feeder

Comment

The deer do eat the range cubes. It seems to last a little longer than the sweet feed. I know they eat it. I have seen them. It does make them hang out a while as it seems to take a little while to eat one

Comment

The troughs seem like a great idea but I know more coons than anything will get in it so I just pour feed on the ground.

Since prices are rising I probably will not plant anything this year. I will mow my shooting lanes but what would be a good attractant to use with corn? I cannot find flavored rice bran. And prices will be sky high on everything by the time deer season gets here.

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                    The troughs seem like a great idea but I know more coons than anything will get in it so I just pour feed on the ground.

Since prices are rising I probably will not plant anything this year. I will mow my shooting lanes but what would be a good attractant to use with corn? I cannot find flavored rice bran. And prices will be sky high on everything by the time deer season gets here.
                    Rye grass is CHEAP! Deer will be on it thick if you fertilize it. I hear cereal rye is better for them, but in my experience, they love rye grass.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                      I ended up making a trough for rice bran this evening out of mainly free scrap pallet lumber behind Lowes.

I have found that hand corning is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
                          Shorty shorts makes his way around LOL!

A regular ol Johnny Apple corn, dispersing corn all over the state.
                          Last edited by ctom87; 10-06-2022, 01:10 PM.

Comment

������

Comment

Rice bran

This game feeder holds 80 lbs of protein/rice bran. Gravity feed - with no batteries or motors, this deer feeder also features Varmint deterring technology. All steel construction prevents squirrels and raccoons from chewing through this combination game feeder. Easy maintenance - This game feeder will give you years of trouble free use! Weighing only 30 lbs, you can easily transport this tree mounted game feeder to other food plots.

Try these. I bought some and like them and They keep the feed dry. They hold 80 pounds each

Comment

A plastic 55 gallon drum cut in 1/2 works great also!!!!!! You just have to make sure no rain is coming is all I still use them also and the feeders above for backup

Comment

Working...
                                X