X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    We used to get out of school on opening day

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Always opened on a Saturday in La.. We had off Friday due to so many kids missing school to go to the hunting camp. Including teachers

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      Always opened on a Saturday in La.. We had off Friday due to so many kids missing school to go to the hunting camp. Including teachers
      Yes sir

Comment

One of my buddies has a couple of good squirrel dogs and it is a blast hunting over them.

Before last year I hadn't squirell hunted in years, used to go as a kid nearly every day after school behind the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          1st Saturday in October. I'll be leavin thurs afternoon headed for skirl camp. Cant wait

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Great memories from childhood. We would load up and head to Louisiana to my uncle's place for opening day. My aunt Edith would always make squirrel, and dumplings for Sunday dinner.

Comment

22 shorts and a limit of squirrels!

Comment

Originally posted by TCR² View Post
                I'm undecided on what I want to do this weekend.....chase limb rats down the river or take the bow and climber. Might do both.
                I floated down a river and squirrel hunted once in my life.
                That was the best squirrel hunt I have ever been on.

Comment

I cut my teeth squirrel hunting last year. I just shoot off my back porch mostly. My last batch of squirrel was given away by my wife to our neighbor because she thought it was our left over raw dog food after our dog died. I sure wish I coulda eatin it before she purged my spoils. I hope to go out and squirrel hunt some this year after deer season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I love the cold weather. Those road kill squirrels stay fresh for a long time.

Comment

I saw something today that I've never seen before. Sitting in Houston on the phone in the hood fixing to walk a job. And all of a sudden I saw something rolling on the ground. A Damm house cat grab this fox squirrel and killed it. And this cat wasn't much bigger than the squirrel. Freaking hood rats

Comment

Cat squirrels with a .22 is sport. Makes fox squirrels seem easy.
                        Our Leon country place was mostly fox. The last year is was more 60/40 cats.

Comment

Hunted squirrel last year for the first time in a long time. My favorite is to float the river. I'm gonna have to do that this year.

When I was about half to a grape Nehi, I hunted with a shotgun. The old man let me but didn't really like it. Too many pellets he'd say.

Comment

Made some squirrel tacos recently. Not a bad way to eat some if you only shoot a couple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a good opening weekend at my camp in Louisiana. Lots of fox squirrels along the Red River bottoms.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Shucked many a tree rat when I was a kid. My grandpa taught me the art of squirrel shucking. My Grandma taught me the art of frying them up. I pretty much made squirrels extinct in north Fannin county back in the good ol days.

Comment

Working...
                                X