No announcement yet.

Comment Period Open for proposed TPWD Regulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No doubt laws only keep honest people honest but I already have a huge disdain for drones simply because of the invasion of privacy they are already allowed; so this would be a big nope from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Firm NO!

Comment

Gave them my opinion...
        However, I don't know that it matters. TPWD will enact this as long as they think there is money to be made.

Comment

I had no idea that using a drone to locate feral hogs was currently against the law.

There is a youtube channel where they regularly use a thermal drone to film the taking of feral hogs
          That drone is about $15K
          Doubt many poachers are going to fork out that kind of $$

All that being said, I still don't want anybody flying over my place with their drone unless I give permission

Comment

Don’t anybody own property in this state. You rent it from the government. Why would you need a stinking permit to fly a drone? I’m permitted out.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
              Don’t anybody own property in this state. You rent it from the government. Why would you need a stinking permit to fly a drone? I’m permitted out.

All drones over 250 grams are registered with the FAA.

Some of the newer drone requirements would enable LEO to find out what drones were where when and who they belong to.

I have a drone, I fly it at my lease occasionally, but it’s use for hog hunting if legal would be very limited it. Basically it could tell you where they were, but in my experience they are constantly moving.

Overall I don’t see any upside to allowing it and a lot of downsides. Currently in Texas it’s illegal to even photograph wildlife with a drone. Probably best to hold the line there.

Comment

Nope.....thanks for making me aware!!!!
                Reminds me of a few years ago with folks using live cameras to shoot animals from their home or office in downtown Houston/Dallas/Nashville, etc. What a mess!!!

Comment

No.

Comment

Skeet shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Y’all making big todo about nothing it is already legal to do so. All they are doing is wanting to put it officially in the book that it is legal so they quit getting phone calls on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Done. It’s bad enough that people turn their hog dogs loose and let them run all over your property. I can only imagine the Pandora’s box that would open.

Comment

Big NO from me.

Comment

Lol.Guys been doing that for a while!

Comment

Working...
                            X