No announcement yet.

Bamboo Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta get the root mat out. Could be 6-8 inches thick.

Comment

Cut em down and sell em for fishing poles

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
        Bob Webster that has the radio garden show in San Antonio said the only way to get rid of it is to move!
        This is true. Dr. Jerry Parsons the Ag agent says the same. I’ve listened to them for decades on the radio tell people the only way to solve the bamboo problem is to move.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
          Gotta get the root mat out. Could be 6-8 inches thick.
          Mine was more like 20"-30" thick I bet. Let me see if I have a picture.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Cut down, then round up. When sprouts start do it again.

Comment

only way to completely get rid of it is to completely remove the ENTIRE root system. If you don't it'll always grow back.

Comment

Received a $10k estimate today to remove the stand and the entire root system.
                I'm honestly not sure if that's a bargain or ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
                  Received a $10k estimate today to remove the stand and the entire root system.
                  I'm honestly not sure if that's a bargain or ridiculous.
                  Cheaper than buying pandas. :-). See if they will do it and include hauling dirt.

Comment

Wow, note to self: don't get bamboo to plant. Sounds like a nightmare.

Comment

Bamboo and pigs, same results

Comment

I had no idea it was this bad.

Comment

Yeah, I had some bamboo in my side yard. Nothing killed it, nothing. I just moved and selling the house. Good luck with it. BTW, 10k is a bargain for what you have, if they get it all.

Comment

I'd forestry mulch it and then spray the new growth with a tank sprayer on my four wheeler.

Since I have a forestry mulcher, a four wheeler and a tank sprayer, all I need is some bamboo.

Comment

The only things that will survive the apocalypse are pigs, cocka ruoches and bamboo…

Was the 10k for refilling the hole as well? If so that’s cheap, if not that’s not cheap but that stuffs a nightmare. We bought a property last year the dummy’s had planted it behind the house and after several days of digging with a 320 I brought in the D6 to move about 8 acres of it before loading it up.

FYI mulching that stuff is like pouring gas on a fire, I tried that the first go around so don’t even consider doing that…. If the roots aren’t taken out your wasting your time.

Comment

cheaper to get some hands and hoses on standby and burn it to the ground. skid steer after that. not sure if you are in a neighborhood that would allow it but I guess if not its going to be a PITA.

Comment

Working...
                                X