No announcement yet.

Tundra chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well spell it out then. Seems you got $1800 worth of service from the tundra while the gmc was broke down

Comment

My tundra would only get 9-10 Miles per gallon on all terrain tires. I would be ecstatic if I got that kind of Gas Mileage. The chips on a gas truck are useless.

Comment

Man, I'd love to get 15-16mpg again. My Yukon gets 12.5 driving like a grandma, and 11.5 hauling a sub 2k boat and trailer.

Newer truck gets better mpg, but cost like 4x more. It is what it is.

Comment

Sell it and get a Prius, or if you need a truck fine an El-Camino

BTW; You get better gas mileage than I do.

Comment

I don't care about the price at the pump, it is what it is!
            I guess if having to pay a high truck payment plus gas it adds up, so I'm just thankful my Tundra is paid for so there is that!
            I'll continue to drive it until it won't drive anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              Well spell it out then. Seems you got $1800 worth of service from the tundra while the gmc was broke down
              The tundra costs $1800 more to drive for 146K miles than the GMC did. The GMC included lots of time in the shop. Some under warranty, and roughly $8K not under warranty. The Tundra never saw the show other than routine maintenance. I didn’t drive the Tundra the first 150K or so, but it was one of our field trucks that I had access to tracked mileage and expenses. The next two Tundras that I’ve had since then have mimicked fuel mileage and expenses very closely to the first.

Seems you were wrong lol
              Last edited by TX03RUBI; 05-09-2022, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Seems nothing you post makes sense.

Comment

I will say that even though it has costs us more to run them as our fleets trucks we’ve made up for it in revenue. The Tundras have been extremely reliable for us as a fleet. GMs we were getting rid of between 160K-200K. We’re driving most of these Tundras to 250K with little to no issues.

Comment

Seems nothing you post makes sense.
                    I can guide you to water. Can’t make you drink.

Comment

Mine would pull what ever you put behind it, getting 11mpg. I put a 40 gallon tank underneath and it helped everywhere except my wallet.
                      Now I have an F250 (paid for) for hauling and and a Honda Accord for everyday that gets 32mpg.

Comment

Give up. First you drive them
                        150,000 and now you drive them 250,000 and you don't include $8000 post warranty work and still cheaper than running a tundra. Must be that modern math they teach nowdays.

Comment

Give up. First you drive them
                          150,000 and now you drive them 250,000 and you don't include $8000 post warranty work and still cheaper than running a tundra. Must be that modern math they teach nowdays.
                          Christ you’re retarded. Our field hands drive them to 250K. I’m usually out of my truck by 150K and pass it on to the yard or a field hand. I could explain the rest of my life to you as well if that’s needed so that you can pull your head out of from where the sun doesn’t shine.

Comment

And you sir are a thin skinned ahole I'm glad you aren't my bookkeeper
                            Last edited by Walker; 05-09-2022, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                              Is there ANYTHING a person can do to help this gas guzzling 5.7 get better mileage? I get the best mileage when it’s parked. I’m stuck on 15.3 mpg no matter what I do. Was wonder if there is a performance chip that can increase gas mileage.
                              Drive 55mph

Comment

I have never understood how fuel mileage could get someone so worked up nor understood why anyone would lie about it but obviously it does.

I wish my tundra got 16-17 mpg I bet I average 12-14 but they have been good trucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X