Importing dog into the US??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing dog into the US??

Looking to import a dog from Belgium to Texas. I have a couple leads on shippers and waiting on pricing. Does anybody have any contacts that I could get pricing from as well? Anybody with experience have a cost estimate?

Also anything that I will need to know when having a dog shipped?

I know the dog has to be 15 weeks old and shots.

From what I hear they also have to have bloodwork done as well.

Just making sure I am hitting all the points.

I imported a DD a few yrs ago. Roughly $700 to get her over here. I was able to save money by having a friend transport her to the airport. There is a service in Europe that specializes in transporting pups from breeder to airport. Names slips me right now. Picked her up in Houston. Take a jug of water and puppy shampoo. Long flight in a crate and she stunk. I bathed her on the tailgate in the parking lot.

Papers, bloodwork, shots, Vet had to sign off that pup was in good health. Good luck

Comment

Look up wonder tails canine transport on fb or their website at www.wondertailscanine.com

The owner is Grace Marshall and she is out of Nacogdoches.

Comment

Originally posted by TXDraht View Post
        I imported a DD a few yrs ago. Roughly $700 to get her over here. I was able to save money by having a friend transport her to the airport. There is a service in Europe that specializes in transporting pups from breeder to airport. Names slips me right now. Picked her up in Houston. Take a jug of water and puppy shampoo. Long flight in a crate and she stunk. I bathed her on the tailgate in the parking lot.

Papers, bloodwork, shots, Vet had to sign off that pup was in good health. Good luck
        Did you have to have someone travel with the dog?

Comment

I have a friend that bought a sheep dog from Scotland. They shipped the dog over in a crate and he had to go to the arrival airport (I don’t remember where it was, but do remember it wasn’t anywhere close) to pick it up. And no person had to ride with the dog.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
            Did you have to have someone travel with the dog?
            You will not be required to have someone travel with the dog. They treat them the same as freight. We shipped our dog from the US to Norway and then back to the US. He traveled alone on both trips.

Sorry, don’t have any derails on who handled it or cost, this was 8 years ago when we went through this.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter90 View Post
              Looking to import a dog from Belgium to Texas. I have a couple leads on shippers and waiting on pricing. Does anybody have any contacts that I could get pricing from as well? Anybody with experience have a cost estimate?

Also anything that I will need to know when having a dog shipped?

I know the dog has to be 15 weeks old and shots.

From what I hear they also have to have bloodwork done as well.

Just making sure I am hitting all the points.
              A Dackel or another breed?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                A Dackel or another breed?

Bavarian, need more leg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X