How many??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many??

How many free passes would you give to dogs showing up at you feeder. I had 2 identical collies with collars and tags on run the deer off yesterday morning. Thought it was hogs by the way the deer hauled butt, but it was dogs. I didn`t want to shoot someone's pet so I dispatched one shot directly in front of one of them. Closest homes are about a mile away and I have never seen dogs before. Can hear them early in the a.m. but always at a distance. Also noticed what I thought was dog tracks, but not sure. I have no plans to try and figure out who they belong to and ask them to keep them at home either. If the dogs continue to roam freely the problem will take care of itself. How many free passes do you give them. Asking for a friend.

Collared a couple, no collar none... SSS

Comment

May not be the popular answer here but those might be some little kids best friend. Since they have a collar I would try to look at the collar and see if there is a phone number, or follow them to a house and attempt to make contact and let the people know. After that sss.

Comment

We hired a trapper to trap coyotes this past spring/summer. After the first dog was caught, we went to their house, told them, and took them to the trap to release there dog. Then their second dog was caught later on. We just told them their other dog was in the same trap. We told them the traps would up all year. Have not seen those dogs again.

Comment

All dogs go to Heaven. Let it rip.

Comment

didn`t want to shoot someone's pet
            Good because that would actually be felony animal cruelty.

Comment

I'd probably take a paintball gun and pop them. When their owner sees they have a paint job I'd assume that'd get their attention enough to keep them home.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post

Welllll maybe if you posted the situation publicly…. If following SSS is it technically a felony if ya don’t get caught?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree with Sika 100% but how long do you let it go? What if you have made contact with the dogs owner and the problem continues to persist? Are people just supposed to drive 2 or 3 hrs to sit in the stand watch dogs continue to run through there area's barking and chasing deer?

Comment

Hunt is over anyway when they show up. I'd give them a whistle and see if they'd come to me. Then have the conversation with owner. A mile is not very far for a dog to wander.

Then again, I'm not as much of a bad*** as some of those on here.

Comment

I'm with ColinR .... I wouldn't shoot a collared dog without first attempting to find the owner. I get the SSS sentiment, but I'd at least attempt to talk with the owners before pulling the trigger. Have had it happen to me several times and it is frustrating!

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                        So, you think they have the right to roam free if in the country. As I stated before, I`m not going to get into an argument with someone over their dogs running loose. I`m sure they know when they got out or they may always be out. Like I said before, if they keep roaming during deer season, the problem will solve itself.

Comment

Tie a note to their collar. 1st and only warning. Your dog ruined my hunt.

Comment

If they're attacking wildlife.....

Comment

It's happened to me. Super frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                              X