Outdoor Brand Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor Brand Wars

I have several buddies that absolutely despise certain brands in the outdoor industry and some that they swear they will never stop using. Do most of y'all feel this way about specific brands? Are there certain outdoor brands you refuse to use or brands that you will only buy from?

Personally, I am loyal to no brand. If they have a piece of gear or equipment I think is helpful I will use it.

This topic was sparked by a Sitka vs Drake Waterfowl debate

Wildgame Innovations, everything I have tried from them has been pure crap, most of the stuff was given to me as a gift (birthday/Christmas/etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sitka and Kuiu are my geaux to clothing brands as they are more athletic cut and last forever. I am not a brand snob.....not even in vehicles or anything else.......but I deaux believe in quality in most products that will be long term.

Comment

Vortex does not reside in my house.

Comment

Loyal to a Brand… in this day and time with all of the swapping of hands and greed ? Not me

I’m a x 2 on Today’s Vortex but when they swap hands again ( and they will ) I may think about it. That can be said with most anything
          Last edited by Bucknaked; 11-01-2022, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Not brand loyal ,but refuse to buy cabela's & bass pro crap.

Comment

Not loyal, I will use or buy whatever if it suits my needs. I do have brands I like but not enough to over pay or fight about it. Leupold, Remington, Columbia, etc.

Comment

Used to buy ALOT of Cabelas clothes but won't now because it is basically crap.

Comment

I like value. Doesn't have to be the best quality, the fancy name, or high dollar if it works. But I also won't buy junk if I can help it. I've got everything from Kuiu to Wal-mart.

Comment

I refuse to use wild game innovations crap. Everything of theirs that I’ve tried has been junk.

I’m pretty much open to use just about anything else.

Surprised no one has mentioned their hatred for tinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Moultrie, been done with them since the mid-late 90’s.

Bought one of their photocell feeders (cut me some slack, I was in my mid 20’s) and it worked for like two weeks, maybe.

Sent it to them and to their credit, they apparently trashed what I returned and sent me one of their digitally programmable units. Cool. All good, right? Nope. I was in the blind less than a week later and the feeder didn’t go off. Rinse and repeat, sent me another digital that didn’t work right out of the box. Strike 3.

About a year and a half ago, my two brothers both bought their Delta series game cameras, and I cautioned them against doing so. Care to guess what they are no longer using, and also trashed?

Absolute garbage, but that’s just my opinion/experience.

Comment

Game cameras - browning
                        Rifles I’m generally a Remington 700 and Winchester 70 person.

Comment

Spypoint. Not

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                            Moultrie, been done with them since the mid-late 90’s.

Bought one of their photocell feeders (cut me some slack, I was in my mid 20’s) and it worked for like two weeks, maybe.

Sent it to them and to their credit, they apparently trashed what I returned and sent me one of their digitally programmable units. Cool. All good, right? Nope. I was in the blind less than a week later and the feeder didn’t go off. Rinse and repeat, sent me another digital that didn’t work right out of the box. Strike 3.

About a year and a half ago, my two brothers both bought their Delta series game cameras, and I cautioned them against doing so. Care to guess what they are no longer using, and also trashed?

Absolute garbage, but that’s just my opinion/experience.
                            Anything moultrie. We've tried several of their products here at the ranch (cameras, feeders) and every single one stopped working within 2 months of purchase.

Comment

I honestly don’t know how WGI is still in business.

Comment

Working...
                              X