Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High fence and coyotes

Need the green screen on this one .
    We have a coyote problem that needs to be gotten under control asap . The property is high fenced , with additional predator wire on the inside bottom portion of fence . I was told to cut a ditch on the outside and bury a portion of predator wire and cover back up to prevent digging . I know we have tried snares with little luck and hunting them but cannot keep the numbers in check . Anyone have suggestions on trappers , poison , or anything to get them gone asap !

The usda trappers use cyanide guns,the mexicans use,lard soaked sponges cut in sizes that supposedly swell up and block their guts.I prefer to shoot,run over,or tannerite the ×>$@ scum.
    My cuz even roped a young one.Any dead coyote is a friend of mine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Predator wire needs to be on the outside. Not the inside.

Comment

I did not put predator wire up when I high fenced my place 18 years ago and have regretted it ever since. Unfortunately at that time I did not know it was an option. I did built a Deer Management Pen 5 years ago and put predator wire on the “Outside” and have not had that fence breached in that entire time. They will try to dig in but give up after awhile. I am fortunate that my county (San Saba) has two full time trappers to help with the coyotes as it is a constant battle.

Comment

And you don’t need to dig ditch, bury it, etc. Just stake it down to the ground. Need about 3ft of wire.

Comment

You need a good trapper onsite. You will not kill enough with a gun and then make sure more can’t get in.

Comment

Here’s a shot of my fence. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Why do you guys hate coyotes so much?

Comment

Whoever told you to lay down predator wire on the outside and bury it gave you the best option already. Then, go to town on whatever dogs end up being trapped inside your place.
                  Last edited by Iansumrall; 10-28-2022, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Once knew a 300 acre pasture that was high fenced inside a larger ranch. Idea was to add a few exotics for fun. Ended up having a coyote den INSIDE the pasture ��. Wiped out 25 blackbuck in three weeks before we figured it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                      Here’s a shot of my fence. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      We did this in the back yard to keep our poop hounds from digging out...

Comment

We checked our perimeter to find where they were getting in. We set snares over those spots for the first couple of weeks after losing a bunch of axis. We managed to trap several well fed coyotes

After that we made it a point to check the perimeter fencing at least once a week to find new entry points. As ridiculous as it sounds, we discovered putting large rocks in the holes they dug and repairing any damaged fencing cured the problem. It worked well for us.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Counselor View Post
                          We checked our perimeter to find where they were getting in. We set snares over those spots for the first couple of weeks after losing a bunch of axis. We managed to trap several well fed coyotes

After that we made it a point to check the perimeter fencing at least once a week to find new entry points. As ridiculous as it sounds, we discovered putting large rocks in the holes they dug and repairing any damaged fencing cured the problem. It worked well for us.

Good luck.
                          Any tips on the snares ? Have had mixed results .

Comment

Find a reputable trapper. Check county ag extension and feed stores. Hunting them isn’t very effective at controlling numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              Why do you guys hate coyotes so much?
                              I don’t hate ‘em, I send every one I can to heaven so they can chase heavenly rabbits forever after……..

Comment

Working...
                              X